Schofferhofer Hefeweizen

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE DRUNK ARAB

Zen Arcade
Reaction score
I tried a bottle of this last night. I haven't had too many authentic hefeweizens with Schneider being the other. I found that it had an awesome white fluffy head and certainly had some bannana characteristics but it seemed really watery as far as mouthfeel went. I'm not a big fan but is this a good example of the style?

C&B
TDA

I can member trying a few of these and not being overly impressed as well.

Matt

found one a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. might have been a bit light on body, but flavor and aroma were very nice. as far as it being to style, i couldnt say for sure (ive never been one to follow stylistic definitions or directions to the letter).

now i am really looking forward to the schneider i picked up today, along with a paulaner.
joe

Weihenstephaner is (IMO) the best Hefeweissbeir i've tried. Look around for it, its available in all states now.

I've tried a few, the schoffer hefe (just brewed one actually) and the schneider. Also Aventinus (different I know but), but from comments from a few others it's really important that you get em fresh. You can't be real certain how they were transported and I think this is a particular style that is very succeptible to poor handling. So maybe they are a bit hit and miss sometimes, sometimes you get a good one and sometimes you dont.

At least this is what my german wheat beer junkie mate reckons.

Guten nacht!

JD

I'd have to agree with Justin on the freshness aspect.
I've had some Schoefferhofer hefeweizens that I have really enjoyed and others that have been pretty ordinary.
It is also one of those beers that isn't really a beer for all occassions. I find I have to be in the right frame of mind etc for a hefeweizen to really appreciate the finer points of the beer.
Having said that it is one of my favourite styles of beer that I've had numerous attempts at reproducing with varying degrees of success.
Haved moved on to the dunkelweizens at the moment and when I nail them will reverse engineer the recipe back for a hefeweizen.
Then the ultimate, the dunkel weizen bock.

Check out the Erdinger hefeweizen Erdinger Website. That has a bit more body also.

Beers,
Doc

Latest posts

Back