Sayin' Hi

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calobes

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Shaunos noticed I lived coffs and told me about the coffs subforum so I thought I'd say hello.
Still a noob on extracts, definantly want to move to ag eventually though. 4 brews in and I got the bug :p
Doubt any of you will want me at any case swaps yet ;) lol
Looking forward to talking brews with you and learn a thing or 2.

Cheers,
Calum

Nuttin wrong with extracts mate, I still do partials amongst my all grains. And my case swap was a partial to, tastes good, but after not carbonating in the bottle it was put down to not enough/tired yeast, only used one pack of US05 yeast for a 1.096 gravity IPA, slight overlook :)

Welcome to the world of HomeBrew.

Hi Calum,
We'll be doing an all grain brew night at Mother's Milk in Sawtell soon, so we'll get you introduced to AG properly ;)
Let us know if you want a hand with anything or have any questions, I'm sure the other members will be more than happy to help out as well

I forgot all about that :)

Any idea's when sp0rk?

Thanks for the warm welcome boys, I live a (long) walking distance from mothers milk so I'll be keen for that when it happens.

I'm not far either (Over towards Boambee IGA)
Not too far away, I'll have to drop in and talk to Courtney soon
I've got some stuff coming up most weekends for a bit, will most likely have to make it a friday night

sp0rk said:
I'm not far either (Over towards Boambee IGA)
Not too far away, I'll have to drop in and talk to Courtney soon
I've got some stuff coming up most weekends for a bigt, will most likely have to make it a friday night
Yep, im right next to iga. I've still yet to even go there even though I keep telling myself "this weekend"

Did extract for ages when my second was born, before i got set up with a decent AG system that didn't take forever to produce beer.

Perfected the art of the "10 minute APA". Nice drop and wouldn't hesitate to do it again if i was stuck for time and my kegs were empty.

Arghonaut said:
Did extract for ages when my second was born, before i got set up with a decent AG system that didn't take forever to produce beer.

Perfected the art of the "10 minute APA". Nice drop and wouldn't hesitate to do it again if i was stuck for time and my kegs were empty.
10 minute APA extract recipe? APA's are my regular drink so i'd love to try that one day.

Hi all,

I didn't know this forum was here - I'm in Safety Beach near Woolgoolga.

I started on extracts plus steeped grain a few years ago, then progressed to BIAB in a crown urn. Now I'm on a 3V system with a HERM-IT coil and temp control - experimenting with step mashes.

Good to know there's so many locals here.

Hey Dr Rummy,

Welcome mate.

Keep a look out around here as we'll be having a get together/brew day/beer session sometime in the next coupla months. Last couple have been a blast mate.

Shaun.

p.s. Normally we dont take this long to reply, only just checking old emails :lol:

Late welcome to Calobes and Dr Rummy. Even though I am slighly further north (and therefore a better brewer and superior human being), I do head south occasionally and mix with the peasants.

Back