Santa Crate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
Each year there are a few local & international breweries that produce a seasonal Christmas beer. I have been lucky enough to pickup a couple of these if I am able to find them (such as the Rogue Santa's Special Reserve, and 'Decembeer'), but would like to have a wider range so that I can better enjoy the yuletide season.

I was thinking that if we could get 12 people interested, we could order 12 cartons (or whatever is required to get 24 bottles of each beer), then split these so that we end up with 2 of each (or perhaps if there are 24 people interested, we could make up a crate of 24 different beers!).

So, if this sounds like it may be of interest, add your name to 'Santa's List' that will start in the next post (or if you know of anyone that may be interested, direct them here).

The beers are usually in the range of $6 - $16 each, so you will probably have to save up $200 or so (and have the ability to pick these up from Grafton or Coffs Harbour).

This is not a 'bulk buy' as such, and will have to be organised through a liquor retailer.

Christmas is creeping up fast, so if this is a goer, will have to start organising (or at least seeing if this is possible).

[note: the above is not to be confused with the CRABS Christmas Home Brew Swap]

"Dear Santa,

This year I promise I have not been naughty, and always been nice. Please load a 'Santa Crate' of Christmas beer on your sleigh for me, and have your hop fed reindeers deliver this to me at Christmas".

Santa Crate List. If the list exceeds 12, it will be extended to 24 (on the basis that 24 is reached)

01. Brew Matt

Hi there. Can anyone tell me how i go about asking brewing questions without barging in on unrelated topics? Just like I am now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Home Brewer

Matt, give me a day or so to talk to members of the collective and we could be in as "Kyogle" or individuals.

. Also, slightly off topic, I tried to send you a PM but the computer syas no. Maybe you need to clean your in-box.

We had a chat about the grain mill; what are you asking? We may need one soon.

Curly79 said:
Hi there. Can anyone tell me how i go about asking brewing questions without barging in on unrelated topics? Just like I am now :)

You need to start a new thread in the relevant subforum or reply on on topic related to the question

Cheers

Get the mods to remove all the unrelated posts in this Matty. Pretty much all of it bar yours and Linc's post.

Hmm, I thought I was the mod for this subforum...
Might have to hit up Austin about that

Back