Sankey Simmilar Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockofclay

Reaction score
Hey there people. Ive done many hours of trawling through the forums and google <_<, but now I have to ask, how do you open the valve on an "almost" sankey keg. For those of you who don't know sankey is used by cub.

The keg differs in two ways to a normal sankey, which are:

1- there is no notch on the metal that holds the ring lock in

2- instead of a spiral ring lock, it has a C shaped one (that is it only reaches to an almost full circle and doesn't loop in layers)

I hope you can understand me! :beer:

ok im glad its not a cub keg, because they are illigal to own, and the moderators have asked us not to talk about using them.....but i do know of a yank that has taken them off

do a google on "how to open a sanke keg" there is a arazona . edu link that has it step buy step, well that is if you lived in the states , or infact have a legally owned one

the way I understand it you need a dremel typ tool to grind a notch in the circlip so you canpry it out then once its out grind the taper on the ends of the clip the opposite way so you can pry it out easier next time. see attached diagram View attachment circlips.pdf gettig it out will be the hardest part but then it should be easier from then on.

Cheers

Rock

How did you get on with your keg dismantling

interested to hear a progress report

Cheers
Steve L :chug:

Latest posts

Back