• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Sanitisers

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

pete6

Reaction score
Hi all

I was just wondering if there are any thoughts on how long a mixture of no-rinse sanitizer is good for?
I've been using morgans or brewcraft no rinse sanitizer for a while now, and happily swear by it. If i make up a litre or two to use on brew day, sanitize my gear with it, how long is it good for afterwards? - can i keep it in a sealed bottle until bottling day?

Does anyone have any experiences with this? - This stuff is expensive, so just wondering how i can make my $$ go further....

Cheers
Pete

felten

Homebrew Conjecturist
Reaction score
The brewcraft brewshield (if that's what you're using) is hydrogen peroxide based and will break down over time, which is why it's in a vented bottle. I can't help on the time frame though.

:icon_offtopic: I have a bottle here in the cupboard that has to be >3 years old, I probably used it on my first/second brew before switching to starsan, a lot cheaper and definitely reusable.

Latest posts