Sandgroper 2007 Christmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all good, we're still less than 1/8" of the QLD thread. Sounds like we'll be enjoying some mighty fine beers over Christmas :party:

Case swap is not this weekend but next weekend. I have sent PMs to everyone on the swap list with details. If you didnt get one let me know.

Case swap is not this weekend but next weekend. I have sent PMs to everyone on the swap list with details. If you didnt get one let me know.

Im sorry I wont be able to make it, its just to close to crissie and all the commitments,( booked in to go camping the next day)was really looking forward to meet some of the AHB all time favourites( :p )
Roger Mellie has been so kind to take my brews up to the swap and transport them down to mandurah and even later in january bring the swap down to margaret river!! good on you Jason!!! :super:
so wish everybody a merry cristmas and may we all enjoy each others efforts,

all the best for the new year and happy brewing,

cheers Amita

Roger Mellie
I am actually staying in Mandurah instead of Golden Bay......surely we could arrange something. My wife has offered to drive me up to Bayswater (but will have 2 kids in tow) . Get in touch if you want?
Cheers
Steve

Well my ESB was put in the fermenter yesterday. I know it's a little bit early to be brewing, but hopefully it should be ok.

Well my ESB was put in the fermenter yesterday. I know it's a little bit early to be brewing, but hopefully it should be ok.
Barf, I guess I need to hand over the baton as "master of the last minute brew"

Roger Mellie
I am actually staying in Mandurah instead of Golden Bay......surely we could arrange something. My wife has offered to drive me up to Bayswater (but will have 2 kids in tow) . Get in touch if you want?
Cheers
Steve

PM Sent Steve - should be able to work something out

RM

measured my replacement batch today that i did on the weekend. 1034.

please finish oh beer. =/

hmm, actually i didnt think about that ... its just goign so damned slow. I used a pack of american ale 2 that id had int he fridge for a few motnhs and it only fired up on monday (i did it on saturday) and it aint cruisin along very quickly.

dont want to produce bottle bombs .. I do have a heater pad actually that I might put underneath to spur it on a bit, but I have the high temp fear in me haha

Im just crossing my fingers that when i get home Friday its all done .. but ill put the pad under it tonight. The only other brew I have atm is in secondary and its actually a cider and nowhere near ready in terms of age, but Ive been throwing around the idea of bottling that up anyways.. but havnt put the oak in yet =/

On the other hand, today I saw flowers on my Goldings and my Cluster is almost ready for its first harvest, so not all is bad in brew-land.

Umm, beer isn't meant to have slimy white stringy stuff on top, is it? :(

Looks like my heroic last minute effort was completely wasted. I guess I'll be heading off to buy a carton of shame

Sorry gents.

if it was spontaneously fermented or a wild yeast then that is probably acceptable if not then sorry to hear about the infection time to bomb your setup with caustic.

An infection that quickly ? :eek:

Looks like my heroic last minute effort was completely wasted. I guess I'll be heading off to buy a carton of shame

Sorry gents.
I can see the Bottle labels now

"Barfridges Belgian Surprise" (shudders) :ph34r: At least kook will like it, maybe you could give him your fermenter as well :)

Does sound fast for an infection to take hold. Bottle it anyway. Asher and Kook will love it. If going the commercial route, I havent had a long neck of EB in years, might be quite interesting.

Hahaha...think you missed the S (ESB) out of that abbrev. there Simon...least I hope you did :ph34r:

Back