Sandgroper 2007 Christmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think i could be arsed brewing 22 kegs of beer for you geezers!
I think it'd be more of a 'round robin' style of swap!

I'll PM Pat and let him know what's up. He'd be keen as to get you guys on a BIAB.

Cheers,

Sean.

Just wait till you tast the swill I'm bottling this year!
I see a bAttle for the wooden spoon on here, I'll raise you a late brewed, hastily fermented, hopefully not infected lost mojo pale ale :eek:

I'll see your "late brewed, hastily fermented, hopefully not infected lost mojo pale ale"
and raise you a "was gonna be golden but looking brown OH what the $%^# have i made Golden Ale"

Rich

And "unrefined Metho" doesn't get a look in ? :eek:
Maybe I won't bother tasting it later this week and just throw my hat in the ring, I'll stick the labels on loosely ;)

I'll see your "late brewed, hastily fermented, hopefully not infected lost mojo pale ale"
and raise you a "was gonna be golden but looking brown OH what the $%^# have i made Golden Ale"

Rich

Is that all - Luxury...

Mine smells like I took a Dump in it right now

RM

Last edited by a moderator:
llluxxxuuuurryyyy!

I won't have to bother priming, I'll just pour the still fermenting wort into a bottle.

I forgot to add that mine was not fermented in fridge but in a hole in the road covered with corrugated iron and instead of rice hulls in the mash, I used a few bowls of cold gravel

Luxury I tell you

I have to say we lived in absolute luxury watching that stuff on the wireless and drinking beer made in a galvanised bucket with cane sugar and bakers yeast.

I tell you what, if you buggers crack the ton in this thread, Cap'n Sensible will deadset thrash you beyond getting cut in half with a bread knife. I believe posting restraint in a case swap thread is considered a luxury in WA...

You want to know who's getting it tough? You lot are. I'm bringing you nowt, made of grain I had to sweat on to grow, hand thrashed with a stick of limp spaghetti, malted in the dark of night over candle flame (during my half hour off at the mill), spontaneously fermented because we can't afford any yeast, not hopped because hops is for the upper class, carelessly bottled in invisible containers because even broken glass is a privilege.

And I'll take a bottle of yours for the privilege. :p

The Sandgroper Christmas case swap for 2007 is not an AHB sponsored event and it is not organised by consensus. It is organised by me and I make the rules.

The rules are:

7) We make beer, not long discussion threads. We don't care what you are going to make, or what snack you might bring.

Ant, you beat me to it !!
:D
Is GL away at the moment ?
:D
I tasted my contribution last night for the first time and am unsure what's going on with it :blink: .
Hopefully another week of CCing will settle things down.
CCing, now THERE'S A LUXURY !!!!

You Guys are LUCKY!

my donkey was sick so i had to put it on my back and carry it to the shop to get supplies,
couldn't afford all the ingedients i needed so i just nibbled the wheat myself.

Well mine tastes fantastic! I feel even better knowing I'm donating to charity (cases...)

:ph34r: Aroma is awesome from the twist of the cap ...As I continue to try and reduce the overcarbonation problem...

my donkey was sick so i had to put it on my back and carry it to the shop to get supplies,
couldn't afford all the ingedients i needed so i just nibbled the wheat myself.

Aahh so we are looking at a LCPA clone are we RR

oh jesus lord.

tasted my batch today.

For the first time ever, I have an infection :( :(.. i have no idea what has happened, but this batch is complete toast

Im going to try to get another batch done in time, unfortunatly, its my birthday this weekend and I wont have time to do one, so I'm goign to have to try to get one done on Monday!!! That gives me 5 days to ferment out and get it bottled.

Aww man. I might have to do an extract and try to do it tonight, otherwise I jsut dont see how I am goign to get time to do it :(

Aahh so we are looking at a LCPA clone are we RR

no not this time around mate close tho it is an american pale/amber style

one more post and were firetrucked, while the cat's away!

I forgot to add that mine was not fermented in fridge but in a hole in the road covered with corrugated iron and instead of rice hulls in the mash, I used a few bowls of cold gravel

Luxury I tell you

Pumpy would be so proud of you :lol:

Errr, GL isn't seriously ill is he?

Latest posts

Back