Sampling quality Tassie Brews

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malt_shovel

Reaction score
So far have tried Moo Brew range. I got a huge orange zest flavour in rhe pale which I really liked and would be keen to know what hops they use. Favorite for me was their dark ale. With some mint chocolate after dinner I was a happt camper.

Also had Van Diemens Amber which was oldish and suffered oxidation problems. Also had the stout and porter from the same brewery or Ironhouse. Nothing too exciting but from the same retailer as the old Amber.

Up north now and found a english bitter and irish red from Morrison Brewery which I thouht were really authentic for the styles and took me straight back to the uk. Loved the styrians in the bitter.

Off to seven sheds some stage tomorrow.

Good times here!

Seven Sheds make some interesting beer….the Paradise Pale is very nice. Just the thing for a warm summer's day…yes we do get them in Tas!. They also make a spiced dark beer "Willie Warmer" that is not at all to my tastes - too heavy on the spices i reckon - but some like it. Enjoy.

Yep the weather has been awesome so far. Managed a dip in Cataract Gorge which is spectacular.
Sipping a Bewer's Reserve St Ella IPA. Very tasty and my first sample of a Stella hopped beer. Lovely bittering and flavour reminds me of some english hops like EKG but with more fruit than floral. Also grabbed some Platypus 200 ales which sound interesting. Reads like an northern english brown wih some local additions of cacoa ginseng and something else.
I was disappointed with the trappist dark ale. Can't recall the name but it had little yeast character and suffered for it.
The Willies Warmer read well on the tasting sheet but was a bit long in the tooth suffering some oxidation and muted flavours.
Wasn't game to try the 100% peat smoked ale.
The Kenntish Ale was mighty tasty and a great English Ale.

How long are you down for? If you're after a good pub meal with a local beer, head up to Rosevears Tavern about 20 minutes drive north of launnie. They have a house brew on tap made by van dieman using enigma hops. The food is great pub food too.

Back