Salt And Anti Caking Agent 554 Sodium Aluminosilicate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcp

poפ ɹǝǝq
Reaction score
I ran out of my usual supply of calcium chloride, so I have some un-iodised picnic salt - ok, calcium chloride, but also 554, sodium aluminosilicate.

Is this a problem?

I think it might be Sodium Chloride, like most of the rest of the salt people use.
Mark

I ran out of my usual supply of calcium chloride, so I have some un-iodised picnic salt - ok, calcium chloride, but also 554, sodium aluminosilicate.

Is this a problem?

Table salt is sodium chloride, not calcium chloride. What brand is it?

Now you know why i dropped out of chemistry. It's obviously been a long week or early onset dementia. I was even looking at the symbol and didn't register. Ok, I don't need sodium chloride.

Thank you. Need a local source of calcium chloride before the morning if i can. I wonder will the chemist have it.

Table salt may also contain potassium chloride, but this is usually marketed as low sodium.

Just an off topic fun fact.

We're going out now, I can leave it in the letter box (plastic container) or you can drop by in the morning?
I'm planning to brew early because of a full weekend and a trip on wednesday. If i can drop past and grab it, that'd be very helpful.

Now you know why i dropped out of chemistry. It's obviously been a long week or early onset dementia. I was even looking at the symbol and didn't register. Ok, I don't need sodium chloride.

Thank you. Need a local source of calcium chloride before the morning if i can. I wonder will the chemist have it.

Pharmacist. Not a chemist. ;)

Two different beasts.

Latest posts

Back