• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Salt And Anti Caking Agent 554 Sodium Aluminosilicate

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

bcp

poפ ɹǝǝq
Reaction score
I ran out of my usual supply of calcium chloride, so I have some un-iodised picnic salt - ok, calcium chloride, but also 554, sodium aluminosilicate.

Is this a problem?

MHB

Reaction score
I think it might be Sodium Chloride, like most of the rest of the salt people use.
Mark

drsmurto

Reaction score
I ran out of my usual supply of calcium chloride, so I have some un-iodised picnic salt - ok, calcium chloride, but also 554, sodium aluminosilicate.

Is this a problem?
Table salt is sodium chloride, not calcium chloride. What brand is it?

razz

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
Iv'e got some if you want it Brett.

bcp

poפ ɹǝǝq
Reaction score
Now you know why i dropped out of chemistry. It's obviously been a long week or early onset dementia. I was even looking at the symbol and didn't register. Ok, I don't need sodium chloride.

Thank you. Need a local source of calcium chloride before the morning if i can. I wonder will the chemist have it.

razz

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
How many grams do you need?

razz

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
We're going out now, I can leave it in the letter box (plastic container) or you can drop by in the morning?

mikesnothere

Reaction score
Table salt may also contain potassium chloride, but this is usually marketed as low sodium.

Just an off topic fun fact.

bcp

poפ ɹǝǝq
Reaction score
We're going out now, I can leave it in the letter box (plastic container) or you can drop by in the morning?
I'm planning to brew early because of a full weekend and a trip on wednesday. If i can drop past and grab it, that'd be very helpful.

razz

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
OK, it's in the letterbox. Have a good brew day.

drsmurto

Reaction score
Now you know why i dropped out of chemistry. It's obviously been a long week or early onset dementia. I was even looking at the symbol and didn't register. Ok, I don't need sodium chloride.

Thank you. Need a local source of calcium chloride before the morning if i can. I wonder will the chemist have it.
Pharmacist. Not a chemist. ;)

Two different beasts.

Latest posts