• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Saison Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi jasony
keep in touch as to how you go with the orange peel as im keen to try this recipe at a later/sooner date but will also have to resort to orange peel.cant see any reason why it wont work unless you require a certain breed of orange.?

cheers
big d

Pedro said:
Hi Jason

In the Adelaide asian shops you can get a dried orange peel in 50g packs. I think the brand is Xinghui (or similar). You should be able to get that wherever you are.

I put my coriander seeds through my grain mill just before it goes into the boil. It releases a very nice aroma then.

Cheers
Pedro
Howdy Pedro,
Did this stuff look "mouldy". I bought some and took it home. I tried it as it was and it seemed like it was coated with a sugary substance. I couldn't putit in my beer.
So I took a lime and and orange. Peeled the skin careful not to take off the white immediately under the skin.
Placed it on a plate and dried it in the sun for a couple of hours.
Smelled and tasted better than the asian stuff. Maybe I found the wrong stuff??

Darren

This didn't have mould or any sugary substance on it. The colour was dark brown from the orange outside and what I suppose you could call a mouldy colour from what was the inside.

I got mine from the large asian supermarket in the markets. It is right next to the newer food court.

I have used the stuff a few times without a hassle.

Cheers
Pedro

JasonY said:
Are you using the whitelabs yeast or wyeast? I will most likely go the wyeast as it is easier to get a hold of.
The first two I did using the recipe posted in this topic I used White Labs WLP400 Wit yeast.
For my latest version which is quite different to the recipe posted here I've used the White Labs Saison Yeast WLP565.

Beers,
Doc

Latest posts

Back