Sailors Grave Brewing getting close to kicking off!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the cans show their designs for the main line-up but I would be out of place to comment further at his point

i can confirm the beers were really well balanced and moreish and very different from one another stylewise

DME equipment throughout. Nice. Whats with the cylindroconical elevated over the brewhouse? Expensive grist case?

That fork was a snug fit!

Killer Brew said:
DME equipment throughout. Nice. Whats with the cylindroconical elevated over the brewhouse? Expensive grist case?

That fork was a snug fit!
DME for brew-house and keg-king for fermenters I think.

Yes the container on top is for the grain with the milling room next door which comes up via an auger and drops into it.

Very tight fit for the crane/fork thing that lifted it in, things had to be unbolted of the vehicle's roof to get in! Luckily that thing is four wheel steer.

DSC_0284.JPG
DSC_0302.JPG
DSC_0304.JPG
DSC_0316.JPG

Chris and Gab Moore with the second container. This container had all the fittings in it and the grain conical. It was kept by customs for a week so they had Bruce Peachy (in charge of fit and first water run through) twiddling his thumbs for a week while it was cleared. Some of the packing wood inside was the problem. Then it came with a lock on it so this pic is when someone went off to get an angle grinder.

Some people may know Bruce who's been in the Industry for a long time. He had a nasty fall while I was there and is recovering in hospital.

All this in one day of volunteering - nuts!

Hi Les,

Chris did some repping work for Neil Triggs at Bullant in Bruthen. I'm not sure about any of their distribution but I'm assuming he has it all nutted out. Hopefully it'll get to you. They have a sour Gose named "Down She Gose" and it is a beautiful beer, tart, salty with a bit of fruit in the finish ~ that'll be available in tinnies and is very sessionable as is their session IPA.

Not sure what their first brew will be, I did ask and Chris wasn't sure or wasn't telling hehe - he did say he had nothing to hide.

First run was going to be this Wednesday coming but due to Bruce's accident I am not sure. Hopefully getting an invite to join in on first brew shenanigans which would be super-cool and scary too, since I cobbled some of the fittings together - ha

They have 150,000 cans standing by - 50,000 for each of their three beer line-up...Everything is BIG!... It felt so nice to walk back on my quaint little set-up.

I enjoy a nice Gose. I remember having a couple of pints of Doctor's Orders brewing Gose, which was brewed at Hunter Brewing Co./Potters brewery.
Only two pints, and suddenly, it was all gone. Maybe it was related to the fact that Doc's boss (at the time) decided to pay for much as his office would drink.
Seems they were quick to empty both kegs. Lucky I got one pint before the guys finished work for the day, and only a few drinkers were onto it.

I may contact the Pourhouse staff and see what they can do to help out. Cans or kegs, all good.

droid said:
Hi Les,

Chris did some repping work for Neil Triggs at Bullant in Bruthen. I'm not sure about any of their distribution but I'm assuming he has it all nutted out. Hopefully it'll get to you. They have a sour Gose named "Down She Gose" and it is a beautiful beer, tart, salty with a bit of fruit in the finish ~ that'll be available in tinnies and is very sessionable as is their session IPA.

Not sure what their first brew will be, I did ask and Chris wasn't sure or wasn't telling hehe - he did say he had nothing to hide.

First run was going to be this Wednesday coming but due to Bruce's accident I am not sure. Hopefully getting an invite to join in on first brew shenanigans which would be super-cool and scary too, since I cobbled some of the fittings together - ha

They have 150,000 cans standing by - 50,000 for each of their three beer line-up...Everything is BIG!... It felt so nice to walk back on my quaint little set-up.
Sounds like a serious undertaking, wouldn't be much change from $1m once they get operational would be my guess. Best of luck to them. Its great to see people following their dreams. Thanks for sharing.

No worries, I think these threads (whilst few and far between) are good because it's a link between what we do and what probably for many of us - what we would like to do or have entertained doing. I had an interesting chat with Gab and she ran through their work history. I noticed that everything they've done together has been creative; photography, landscape architecture, restaurant now a brewery. It was inspirational in the sense of following dreams, doing something creative, doing what you want to do as opposed to whatever gets the food on the table.

Back