Sail And Anchor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigo

Reaction score
I seen today that woolies has bought out there on style of craft beers in the sail and anchor range, there is a kolsh, pale ale, golden ale and amber ale just wondering if anybody has tried these yet? and if so what are they like. By the way there 14 dollars a 4 pack.

I picked up the Amber and Pale from Dans for $13 a 4-pack. I had really high expectations for this, great packaging and from a name with history. To me the beers were easy drinking and pretty non-eventful. Both were very close to their James Squire equivalents. My curiosity was satisfied, but my taste buds were mildly disappointed.

I seen today that woolies has bought out there on style of craft beers in the sail and anchor range, there is a kolsh, pale ale, golden ale and amber ale just wondering if anybody has tried these yet? and if so what are they like. By the way there 14 dollars a 4 pack.

I picked up the Amber and Pale from Dans for $13 a 4-pack. I had really high expectations for this, great packaging and from a name with history. To me the beers were easy drinking and pretty non-eventful. Both were very close to their James Squire equivalents. My curiosity was satisfied, but my taste buds were mildly disappointed.

I totally agree, I tried 1 each of the Pale, Golden, Amber and Kolsch last weekend and wasn't overly impressed. Whilst highly drinkable, I wouldn't rush to buy them again.

My pick was the Pale Ale.

I compared them to the Gage Roads range of beers flavourwise, aren't they made by the same crew?

Tried the Pale last night
Got that commercial beer lacking flavour taste

Tried the Pale last night
Got that commercial beer lacking flavour taste

Drinking the Amber now
Sessionable beer sweet caramel malt i reakon it has some honey in it
Light on hop flavour and aroma
I like this one :D

Drinking the Amber now
Sessionable beer sweet caramel malt i reakon it has some honey in it
Light on hop flavour and aroma
I like this one :D