Sabsosa Comp 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poiter

Reaction score
It's time to start thinking about brewing up your favourite beers for this year's SABSOSA Comp.

Past entrants have been sent the details via email. Non email past entrants should receive entry forms in the post. Participating SA brew shops should have entry forms and details in store soon.

You can find style guidelines etc on the SABSOSA web site, www.sabsosa.com
In brief, entries close Aug 26th, judging is at the Holdfast Bowling Club on Sept 11th and trophy presentation at the same venue on Sept 18th.

The National Comp is also being held in Adelaide this year, which is open to the top 3 place getters in each style category.

View attachment MasterEntrantsLetter2005.pdf

Western Australia doesn't have a qualifying comp for the nationals. Is the SABSOSA open to interstate entries this year?

Asher for now

as per anawbs posting.exactly who qualifies.what comps during the year will qualify you and if you are in the 3 for a particular catergory are you automatically entitled to enter the other styles .

cheers
big d

I believe Judging for this comp was over the weekend....

Any AHB members head along to check it out?

Yep,
Was agood day. I noticed the stewards were pretty impressed with your pils Asher.
Blind judging this year which was good (ie the judges didn't see the bottles)
cheers
Darren

Good Stuff :beerbang:

Yep I went quite big with the Pils - I'm finally starting to realise how important 3 months lagering really is with these beers. They tent to taste way over hopped in the beginning... but balance over time...

I look forward to seeing the results...

OK - they have 2 categories left to judge..

pretty sure it is Wheats & Belgians.

They are being judged tonight and the results hopefully posted on the web page tonight....

For all to see :beer:

Apparently, around 200 entries.... :super:

GMK said:
OK - they have 2 categories left to judge..

pretty sure it is Wheats & Belgians.

[post="76586"][/post]​

That is right, it is Wheats and Belgians.

Being done at Mike's place tonight.

Yep, Boh pils and German lager straight from the fermenter

I took part in pt.2 of the judging for SABSOSA with BrewBrad and others.

We tackled the Belgian class late into the night with the winner being absolutely stunning. There were a few 'interesting' :blink: beers and we left the judging with a great set of dimples.

Results should be out soon.

tdh

Tell us more about the "interesting" belgians.
Musta been quite a variety!
And most through the roof in %alc I'd imagine.

Anyone seen the results yet?

I received an email from Mike L, congratulating me on my success :) ,but the attachment wasn't there :( ,so I don't know which of my 2 entries is the one or which place.Nothing as yet on the sabsosa page.

Brauluver said:
Anyone seen the results yet?

I received an email from Mike L, congratulating me on my success :) ,but the attachment wasn't there

I think we all got the same email. I am sure it will be up or emailed with the attachment some time soon.

Bit of a tease though.

Funny,
I am a trophy winner too. I suspect you are right Aaron.
d

RESULTS UP ON THE SABSOSA WEBPAGE

Hi everyone

I've just uploaded the 2005 competition results.

(I've tested the link on my main computer but on another the formatting went a bit funny. If things are a bit weird on your computer then please PM me.)

Thanks to the judges and sponsors of this years competition. Thanks also to Aaron for providing some webspace whilst I come to grips with Wiki webpages!

Congrats to all the winners and hopefully you can get along to the presentation at the Holdfast Bay Bowling Club this Sunday (18th) at 11:30am for a midday start.

Cheers
Tim (rookie Sabsosa webmaster)

well done Crispy on being the champion brewer - Must have been all the hops!! and SteveSA for best mash brew.

Congrats to the other AHBers who featured prominently in the placings - TDA, Darren, Pedro of Gulf Brewery, SteveSA, Dicko, Asher and others.

:beerbang:

Well done to Crispy and Steve in particular. A great result guys.

Back