Saaz Hop Pellets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brend0n

Reaction score
I've been using these hops for quite some time now, boiling in water then straining into fermenter at the beginning of the ferment process, but never had results in a crisp hoppy brew, using in pilsners. So I'm doing a cerveza tomorrow, 500gm dex, 500gm LDM and some dry enzyme, can I put the pellets in straight in the fermenter? I'm after a light dry hoppy beer to drink in summer , thoughts

In general, lagers do not have hops put in after the boil. Dry hopping noble hops (German and Czech low AA hops) does not often result in desirable flavours, but tends to make grassy, vegetal flavours. And lagers are subtle beers, you want to be tasting pale malt's breadiness, almost no yeast-derived flavours ... and subtle noble hop flavours rather than in-your-face hops.

I would suggest doing a mini boil of 2L with 200g of malt in it (helps extract the hop compounds) and boil 15g of Saaz for 30 minutes and another 15g for only 10, or 5 minutes.

Latest posts

Back