SA AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont think it really matters if we end up with 10 stouts and 10 ales ,it will be nice to see how every one differs in their process,but i do agree with you arron it would be nice to get a collection of different beers but in the end its all about trying other peoples beer
fergi

just an idea here,when we do the xmas thingy why dont we set up a downloadable score sheet on ahb and when we try the xmas beers mark each one and then post the results
fergi

Hi Fergi,
Go for it mate.
only jokin' before :lol:
You might need to do a - dare i say it "two can brew", if we have as many entrants as is listed :lol:
A brew from Grumpys list will more than satisfy most critics :D so brew away!!
Cheers

Right you lot, you haven't even tried my beer and you have kicked me off the list!

so updated list ????????

1 GMK
2 wee stu
3 dicko
4 SteveSA
5 The Drunk Arab
6 Boots
7 Crispy
8 AnthonyMac
9 Kai
10 Jayse
11 Gulf/Pedro
12 Joel
13 WildebeestAt
14 roach
15 Simon
16 tdh
17 kirem
18 Jazman
19 Aaron
20 fergi
21 hawksey

22 iand ?????????? i got to ask him

I dont like the idea of a score sheet...very hard to judge different style/class beers against each other.

happy with a feedback sheet.....and a recipe sheet.

GMK said:
I dont like the idea of a score sheet...very hard to judge different style/class beers against each other.

happy with a feedback sheet.....and a recipe sheet.
[post="64041"][/post]​

I think we should all provide reicipes with the beer so we can make each others beer if we wish. I would also like to see how others rate my beer.

Crikey! The list is getting long. Ken, are we still going to do two bottles each or limit it to just one to keep it at a case? I seem to recall that we did two bottles last year only because we hada smaller number of people involved.

i reckon 2 bottles more beer to chose from plus then i can plan a brew just for the xmas case

Kai said:
Crikey! The list is getting long. Ken, are we still going to do two bottles each or limit it to just one to keep it at a case? I seem to recall that we did two bottles last year only because we hada smaller number of people involved.
[post="64111"][/post]​

I think 1 may be a good idea with these numbers. Two each is a whole lot of beer.

Aaron said:
Kai said:
[post="64111"][/post]​

I think 1 may be a good idea with these numbers. Two each is a whole lot of beer.
[post="64123"][/post]​

I was considering a Belgian trippel -- would that be ok?

Steve

Yep count me in !!!!!

I recken a nice American Brown.......mmmmmm

Cheers
JSB

so new list

1 GMK
2 wee stu
3 dicko
4 SteveSA
5 The Drunk Arab
6 Boots
7 Crispy
8 AnthonyMac
9 Kai
10 Jayse
11 Gulf/Pedro
12 Joel
13 WildebeestAt
14 roach
15 Simon
16 tdh
17 kirem
18 Jazman
19 Aaron
20 fergi
21 hawksey
22 Chiller
23 Jsb

24 iand ?????????? i got to ask him

Triple sounds good

Ok - we limit to 25 people - we each supply 48 stubbies of beer - either 48 of the same brew of 24 ea of 2 different brews yor choice.

Happy to take reserves for those that pull out at the end...
But cant see many people doing that

the latest iand is in

1 GMK
2 wee stu
3 dicko
4 SteveSA
5 The Drunk Arab
6 Boots
7 Crispy
8 AnthonyMac
9 Kai
10 Jayse
11 Gulf/Pedro
12 Joel
13 WildebeestAt
14 roach
15 Simon
16 tdh
17 kirem
18 Jazman
19 Aaron
20 fergi
21 hawksey
22 Chiller
23 Jsb
24 iand

Do any of you guys realise fergi comes from Motherwell :wacko: ?

Currently we have room for one more, any takers?

My preference is for stubbies also, 48 stubbies is still far less than one batch of beer, and you will be getting 2 cartons of other brewer's best efforts in return :)

Like GMK says, if you put in 2 different brews you still keep more than half for yourself, and the case variety grows. Not that variety is likely to be a problem, if last year is any indication.

I would say forget scoresheets. This is not a competition, it is a wonderful bit of end of year fun. If you love a beer: tell the world via AHB, or just PM the brewer.

Motherwell :excl:

Welcome aboard fergi :p

Where the heck is motherwell?

Kai said:
Where the heck is motherwell?
[post="64309"][/post]​

In the twilight zone :ph34r:

Seriously, somewhere in Scotland - but West of Edinburgh :D

so Wee Stu now has a scotish mate - now the Coles Home Brand Kits Make Tight arsed Scotish Sense.... :ph34r: :rolleyes: :D

hey ken,two T,s in scottish thank you,any way stu we both know us scots are the most kind hearted people in the world
fergi

Back