SA AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gulf Brewery said:
wee stu said:
[Come on floccingtons, you can come in if you want :)

What about a floccington that is also a microbrewington?

I will be in - it may be a commercial beer or it may be one of my own.

Yeah, I was thinking of chucking in a carton of west end for my entry.

Sorry, pedro. In all serious I'd look forward to some of Gulf Brewery's finest being part of my xmas case.

I'd be happy to contribute.

Only just started AG, but am already onto my 6th batch. More than happy to share.

I'm in the same boat as WildebeestAttack (I'm only up to No. 4). Sounds like a good Idea count me in. I was thinking of an AG Alt or an Irish red. Can we get a post of the rules/guidelines? I had a quick look at past posts, too much info to crunch through.

I can drop of at GMK's and hopefully help out with labour when it's required (sounds like a good excuse for a beer anyway)

Cheers

No rules other than brew your own. Last year we tried to provide two bottles for every other participating brewer, and it worked out to around a carton's worth. Preferably two bottles of the same beer, though if you want to provide two different beers that's ok as a few people did that last year.

Stu might call for final numbers at some point, which will help let you know how many beers you'll need to provide.

Kai said:
No rules other than brew your own. Last year we tried to provide two bottles for every other participating brewer, and it worked out to around a carton's worth. Preferably two bottles of the same beer, though if you want to provide two different beers that's ok as a few people did that last year.

Stu might call for final numbers at some point, which will help let you know how many beers you'll need to provide.
[post="63740"][/post]​

2 points here -
1) re no rules, means you don't have to be all grain. Brew your best and put it in, OK :)
2) This is GMK's baby. I am a distribution point, he is the loigistics manager :blink:

Mind you, the way we are going, Ben Hur must have been a midget!! Current tally

GMK
wee stu
dicko
SteveSA
The Drunk Arab
Boots
Crispy
Anthonymac
Kai
Boots
Jayse
Gulf/Pedro
Joel
WildebeestAttack
hawkesy

that's 15 so far, and as far as i can tell, by delivery time all will be all grain, except for maybe Kai :p - mind you, once he is old enough to leave home that will all change!

Stu/Ken,
I would be in but I know I won't be able to deliver.
I cannot even find the time to bottle any beers these days.
d

Darren said:
I would be in but I know I won't be able to deliver.
I cannot even find the time to bottle any beers these days.
d
[post="63752"][/post]​

That's OK Darren, 24 kegs are quite acceptable.

Stu
Now a keg swap would be good. Pity I am a pin-lock keger!

Add me to the list

GMK
wee stu
dicko
SteveSA
The Drunk Arab
Boots
Crispy
Anthonymac
Kai
Boots
Jayse
Gulf/Pedro
Joel
WildebeestAt
ROACH

My neighbor (Simon) has started brewing AG and although not a participant of this forum, is keen to be involved.

if that is ok with you guys....

GMK
wee stu
dicko
SteveSA
The Drunk Arab
Boots
Crispy
Anthonymac
Kai
Boots
Jayse
Gulf/Pedro
Joel
WildebeestAt
ROACH
Simon

Cheers,

Crispy

I'm Idi.

Amin.

Could be a commercial of mine or a home job.

GMK
wee stu
dicko
SteveSA
The Drunk Arab
Boots
Crispy
Anthonymac
Kai
Boots
Jayse
Gulf/Pedro
Joel
WildebeestAt
ROACH
Simon
tdh

17 entries and still counting!

I feel I am going to need that extra storage space AnthonyMac

Do we need a cap - maybe stop at 25 - that way we all either get one carton of 24 longnecks or 2 cartons of 48 stubbies :chug: :beer: :party:

I am looking forward to this xmas!

If we go over 25 people - will need to brew 2 batches then - would give greater variety.

But it is upto you guys.

can the 17 who have allready put their hands up let me know if they want it capped at 25 or not.

Thanks guys

So long as it's good beer I'm not fussed how many are in. It just means that everybody may have to supply more than one container to take it away in.

Stu,
Anthony's got shedloads of room. Maybe it would be better to use his place as a collection point and yours as overflow? Just a thought. May save you some brownie points too.

Steve

SteveSA said:
So long as it's good beer I'm not fussed how many are in. It just means that everybody may have to supply more than one container to take it away in.

Stu,
Anthony's got shedloads of room. Maybe it would be better to use his place as a collection point and yours as overflow? Just a thought. May save you some brownie points too.

Steve
[post="63818"][/post]​

But can the young man be trusted with such responsibility <_< ?
It might not be a bad idea if he is willing, just as central really but loads more storage space, I agree.

The man collects sheds like other brewers collect fridges, and I collect brownie points. B)

Guys, my brewing has come a long way in the last 12 months, but I'm still not twice the brewer I used to be ... so I'd only count me once :)

Boots said:
Guys, my brewing has come a long way in the last 12 months, but I'm still not twice the brewer I used to be ... so I'd only count me once :)
[post="63831"][/post]​
Ahem, that would be 16 brewers then :blink:

GMK
wee stu
dicko
SteveSA
The Drunk Arab
Boots
Crispy
Anthonymac
Kai
Jayse
Gulf/Pedro
Joel
WildebeestAt
ROACH
Simon
tdh

I have one request to cap it at 25....

anyone else want it capped at 25 so that u only have to do one brew...

Yeah, I will be in as well.

I will be overseas until November, when is the drop off time?

Latest posts

Back