SA AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boots

Reaction score
I'm definitely in again.

With the new additions, it may turn into a AHB Christmas Pallet :beer:

There was a fantastic range of beers, and the more brewers = better diversity.

As we are almost half way thru the year now....

Thought i would bring this topic back upto the fore front.

It might be good to start planning your Xmas Case entry NOW...

Also would be good to get a show of hands for all those brewers who are interested in :
- organising the xmas case swap
- brewing beer for the xmas case.

Also need to decide whether it will be locally state based or national.

Open to your comments...

I reckon we should keep them state based - makes numbers more managable and cuts transport costs. Last year SA and WA did one, I would be surprised if Qld, NSW and Vic could'nt get the numbers up this year.

Brewers in far flung and rural hinterlands might be adopted by another state, as Pint of Lager was by SA last year. That way the transport costs are still kept relatively low - just the cost of a couple of cartons, not a dozen or more traversing this wide brown land. I found last year that bus freight was a good way to go when shipping a full carton of beer around the country.

As I did last year, I am happy to act as the Adelaide central drop off and collection point, and to be the base for putting finished cases together - with help! (thanks to Kai and GMK for the labour last year). I presume GMK will act as the Northern collection point again, all we need is someone from down South to be a drop off and collection point and we are back in business.

My brew this year will be The Lifted Kilt Wee Heavy - due to be brewed in the 4 to 6 weeks. It already has a cheeky label ready to go :p

The Xmas case was a great idea last year, looking forward to this one already.

My hand is up for an entry.
I have no idea what I will be brewing yet, maybe a good old aussie lager - I will see how the one I did yesterday turns out.
I also have a "very" robust porter that I have just bottled and kegged and it is showing signs of being acceptable.
Will there be designated brews?
Cheers

dicko said:
Will there be designated brews?
Cheers
[post="63612"][/post]​

Last year the idea was put in a beer you are pleased with and is brewed at your current level of brewing, or something like that.
This was great, because it resulted in a very varied collection of, mostly, great beers. I would say no designated brews. By all means brew a special batch for the case, otherwise put in a beer your are pleased with and would like to share with your peers.

SA tally is now:

GMK
wee stu
dicko

bring em on croweaters :beer:

I'm in. Originally I had planned a Wee Heavy but I'll leave that to our soon-to-be stereo-typed skirt lifter ;)

This year I think I'll give a Munich Dunkel a go.

Steve

Count me in on the SA one.
Happy to be Southern Adelaide distributor too.

C&B
TDA

Fantastic guys - there is an All Grain recipe i have been wanting to do for a while - but it will need to be brewed by end of August.

I will brew an All Grain Tois Pistoles clone, and an All Grain Fullers ESB
and split my entries up as a stuby of each.

SA tally is now:

GMK
wee stu
dicko
SteveSA
TDA

We cant let the other StAtes beat us in numbers.

As Wee Stu said "The beers and the variety were great".

I'm in. One suggestion I have from last year is that we have a thread per state where we put the recipes / processes. That way we can learn about the ingredients / processes we haven't personally used before.

Add me to the list..

I prolly do an APA or a wheat....

Cheers,

Crispy

SA leading the way (for now at least)

GMK
wee stu
dicko
SteveSA
The Drunk Arab
Boots
Crispy

I like boots idea, and we may have to split the thread by states soon, anyway just to keep track of the various cases.

You can add me to that rapidly growing list aswell. I throroughly enjoyed the opportunity to sample the variety last year. i've got a few brews on the go at the moment, and depending on how they turn out, could possibly contribute either a Pilsener or an Altbier. First time for both styles so a bit up in the air. Happy to volunteer the labour to divi up the collection at Stu's also.

I'm in too. No idea what I'm going to enter, but I've been brewing up a storm lately so I'm sure I'll be able to find something. Maybe an american brown, stu :)

When this thread gets a bit more long and convoluted I think we'll split it into a thread for every participating state, as boots suggests.

Im in as well but this time i have more time to do a brew for this i may brew a pils or some sort of lager and may use just New Zealand Grown hops if my exeriment works

SA case now up to:

GMK
wee stu
dicko
SteveSA
The Drunk Arab
Boots
Crispy
Anthonymac
Kai
Boots

Looking good, now how about a few more new faces??

wee stu said:
SA case now up to:

[post="63697"][/post]​

Add my name there fellow brewsworthingtons!

GMK
wee stu
dicko
SteveSA
The Drunk Arab
Boots
Crispy
Anthonymac
Kai
Boots
Jayse

Since i've been loving you
Jayse

wee stu said:
[post="63697"][/post]​

Come on floccingtons, you can come in if you want :)

Batz said:
Guys
Don't be afraid to join this Xmas case , all welcome here.
Taste a few different brews
[post="63702"][/post]​

Spot on Batz, this is a great way to taste a wide range of brews, from a variety of brewing styles. I know there are a lot of new SA brewers out there since last year, don't be shy about coming forward, put in your best/favourite beer and join in the fun :party:

AnthonyMac said:
Happy to volunteer the labour to divi up the collection at Stu's also.
[post="63649"][/post]​

At this rate, I might be calling on you to help out with storage space, neighbour!

wee stu said:
[Come on floccingtons, you can come in if you want :)

What about a floccington that is also a microbrewington?

I will be in - it may be a commercial beer or it may be one of my own.

Cheers
Pedro

So... What are the rules/time frames for this?

I still have to get my ag setup build yet. Should only take another month or so :) This may give me some motivation to get brewing.

Joel said:
So... What are the rules/time frames for this?

I still have to get my ag setup build yet. Should only take another month or so :) This may give me some motivation to get brewing.
[post="63729"][/post]​

I'll give you a hint Joel, check the thread title :p !

Seriously though, have it brewed and bottled by the beginning of December and you'll be apples mate.

C&B
TDA

Back