• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

(S.E. Melb): Free (working) Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfy

Reaction score
Samsung SRG 398 free to good home.

Newer style fridge, CFC free, enclosed back, plastic shelving & air flow vent things.
Across-the-road neighbours are selling/moving house so I grabbed the fridge they didn't want to move.

free_fridge1.jpg

Tested that it worked fine (I was planing to use an STC-1000 so did not check the temperature settings only that it cooled and froze stuff) and gave it a good clean.

free_fridge2.jpg

However, as I was cleaning it, the door bracket snapped, without it the doors do not work/close - fridge is an older model so part cannot be purchased from Samsung.

free_fridge3.jpg

So it's been sitting on the back porch for a couple of months and is a little dusty.

It may be possible to glue/weld or otherwise fix the bracket, or make a new one from some angle-iron or similar.
Then it should make a good beer/keg/fermenting fridge.
If you wanted to use it as a kitchen fridge, I have most (but not all) of the plastic shelves for the fridge/freezer/door.

Fride is free, pickup from Berwick.
It's a full size fridge so you will need a wagon, ute or trailer.
If you're really desperate for a fridge but can't pick it up, I should be able to arrange delivery to the South/East Suburbs for $50.

I'll take it Wolfy. How many kegs do you think it would hold?

PM Sent.

Truman said:
I'll take it Wolfy. How many kegs do you think it would hold?

PM Sent.
Holds 2 kegs without any work. Should hold 3 easily enough, but might need the door-plastic trimmed back.
With a shelf to lift the kegs above the 'bump' and the door plastic trimmed, I think it should squeeze 4 in.

Its yours if you still want it.

Hi Wolfy,

If Truman hasn't already got it, I'm keen for a replacement fridge. I'm down to using my kegerator for fermenting at the moment.

Cheers,

Brad

brad81 said:
Hi Wolfy,

If Truman hasn't already got it, I'm keen for a replacement fridge. I'm down to using my kegerator for fermenting at the moment.

Cheers,

Brad
Taps installed, shelves added, hole for gas line drilled, almost ready for kegs... :D

You can admire it when you come and get your sod pec and grain mill..... :D

Edak said:
Haha, you guys crack me up...

PS very quick to get everything in there Troy..
I could have showed you it. It was in the shed when you collected your order yesterday.

Back