Rye In Braumeister

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doon

Reaction score
Has anyone brewed with rye in their braumeister? Doing a brew tomorrow with 20% in it just wondering if there will be any issues?
Chris at g&g said to rest it at 40 deg for 10-15 mins to help thin it out any other suggestions?

Im doing one tomorrow too in my blackdog brewmaster 20% as well, not doing anything special. I recall a thread a while ago where a braumaster did one around that percentage with no probs. Remember doing tonys roggen, much higher percentage in a earlier recirc biab prototype, was like oil and really burnt my element up.

I suppose if the top filter really clags up i can remove it and add some rice hulls.

Sweet will give it a whirl and see how it goes

slightly OT but I have tried wheat 60%, and rice 20% in the BM and have not had any real issues. If it gets stuck just wait for a pump break, take the top off and give it a stir, works a treat.

Everything ran smoothly. Just coming up to boil now will be brewing tonys black rye ipa next me thinks!

Same here, doughed in at 54 as usual and flowed beautifully, hit all targets spot on too, gotta love that. The cooler weather is good too, wort out at 20 C from the plate chiller. Put 50 g amarillo pellets in the hop rocket and a bag of rice hulls to filter, worked a charm, was first time using pellts in the rocket,prefer whole hops but not possible with the us hops of course.
cheers
sean

Back