Rye Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowy

Drinker of Kegs, Slayer of Fish & Ruiner of Good F
Reaction score
Gents,
I've been doing some experimentation with different beers as part of my vow not to brew the same beer twice in 12mths. I have been thinking about doing something with Rye but don't want to brew one then find out I hate it. Any suggestions on a commercially available brew that I can try and see if I like the style. Thanks in advance.

Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye.
I'm pretty sure Dans at Vic Pt have it.

Have you tried the Rye robust porter on the data base? I love that beer, its thick its black and oily and has a resinous kick at the end from the chinook. Maybe you shouldn't brew it you might break your vow! I just made 50L of smurtos golden ale but exchanged the wheat with Rye and the munich with vienna, I also went with a cascade simcoe and amarillo combo instead of just amarillo. Just conditioning now but I reckon Rye is the bomb.

I'll try one of the SN's tomorrow and if I like it I'll brew one me thinks.

You ever get up the Sunny Coast at all Rowy? Sunshine Coast Brewery do a Rye ESB. It a decent beer, was always my go to when I was working at the bar. Should be able to find it no worries in Brissy, if not, give Greg a call at the brewery and see if you can get some sent down.

Dave

Latest posts

Back