Running 2 Burners

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfella

Reaction score
I was wondering when you are running two burners if you can just spilt of one gas bottle after the reg or do you run 2 regs off the one bottle oooor do you use two bottles.

what to do !

with the low pressure regs i use two bottles.
another handy thing if one runs out you don't have to drive half tanked to the servo.
since ussually only one burner runs at a time.

iv'e never tried running both at the same time off one reg so couldn't comment there but iam sure it would not work that well.
most of the hard core grainers have moved onto the more powerfull burners and high pressure regs now.
but my setup which is similar to what you discribed is doing me fine for now.
by the way the high pressure burners are cheaper than the camping store ring burner types.

cheers jayse

burner heaven jayse and big fella

h205_burner.jpg

sorry guys this was the piddly 170,000 btu model
this is the mother of all burner,s 300,000 btu,s

h213n_burner_large.jpg

sorry bigfella
missed your last post
available from the good ol boys ;)
http://morebeer.com/

online catalogue well worth a look and a think considering the aussie dollar.just remember to keep the value down to avoid customs excise.

cheers
big d

you can get the burners in all capital cities.
i'll just have to check the name of the places and get back to you.
the ones i speak of are only $20 each. i think the adelaide strore is called 'go power' or something like that i can't quite remember.

high pressure regs are the same price as low pressure i think.

nice burners bigd. that second one looks great.
i would upgrade but i'd rather spend the bucks on malt, hops and yeast for the moment.

cheers jayse

I need to buy another burner soon so it would be grate if you can let me know

bearing in mind guys these above burners are from the land of a million plus homebrewers who have every conceivable thing at there finger tips and for good prices also.not like us ozzzie brewers who have to become very resourceful or save the bucks.
my piddly two ring and immersion heater do the trick at the mo.

cheers
big d

yeap i'd like to upgrade but i drink too much and need the money for malt and hops.

bigfella i'd look into getting the high pressure job.
after all their cheaper and better i wish i new before i brought my three ring jobs as i bet most people who went the ring burners do.

the people i know who use the powerfull burners also drilled out the inside of the tap a little more too to get even more out of them.

jayse

Now all I need to know is where to get them. I've had a look on the web but not to much luck here in Australia.

i'll get the actuall name of the place in adelaide and details and post them for you in the next few days bigfella.

they are deffintly availble here in adelaide

cheers jayse

ANyone know if you can get a good burner that can plug into your plumbed gas. Use the BBQ at the moment but would like to get something a bit better but not deal with bottles.

yep you can use the same burners on mains.
my brother has seen my same three ring burner plumbed to mains in a factory.
i'll try find out what is needed to do it.
by the way my brother who built most of the tech stuff for my brewery in a brainiac.
i still have not seen anywhere, temp controllers of the quality i have.

jayse

Bigfella said:
Now all I need to know is where to get them. I've had a look on the web but not to much luck here in Australia.
Bigfella,

Try these guys.

http://www.gameco.com.au/

I went and checked them out on Friday. They're called Mongolian Burners and come in two sizes: 32 point (130 megajoule) and a 23 point(90 megajoule). The 23 point will set you back $96 all up. When I finally get mine, I'm going to need to get the plumber to install three bayonets (one for each of the burners I'll need) and get the regs and the bottles outside upped to cope for 350 megajoules. The guy in the Sydney shop's name is Corin

Bigfella, you must be able to get them over there somewhere. I'm here in Tassie and I have a disposal store named Uncle Sam's. They have those first burners that Jayse showed that are mounted in a steel frame like the yank turkey fryers for $50-$59 (varying heights of stands), they don't have a hose or reg though.

Good luck. JD

JasonY said:
ANyone know if you can get a good burner that can plug into your plumbed gas. Use the BBQ at the moment but would like to get something a bit better but not deal with bottles.
[post="16723"][/post]​

Jason,

Did you ever have any progress on this front? I am looking into the same question.

Back