Rumors around AB/SABMILLER /InBev/Coors aquiring Northern Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roosterboy

Reaction score
Is there any news on the rumour AB/.....has acquired Northern Brewer/Midwest Supplies.

You would think there would be a statement to the stock market if the deal was finalised. Or someone has leaked it before it's a done deal.

It is true. AB/SABMILLER/InBev/Coors have acquired Northern Brewer / Midwest Supplies in the US. What is their motivation ? Taking on
Coopers in homebrew and they see it as a growth market. How will this work with brew kits and the hops market as they will have massive
power ?

I think that's their motivation. Getting a more controlling stake with the hops and getting two bites of the cherry with home brew and the commercial market.

Ægir said:
I think that's their motivation. Getting a more controlling stake with the hops and getting two bites of the cherry with home brew and the commercial market.
Just like Coopers have done :)

Midwest supplies is actually my brother's LHBS. I'll be interested to hear if there are any changes for good or bad.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Just like Coopers have done :)
Except Coopers don't own 30% of the beer that is consumed everyday in the world and at least Coopers is an Aussie company.

Latest posts

Back