Rubber Washers For Grolsch Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know of any plumbing supply companies in Melb that have this type of washer. I tried one of the homebrew shops here and they wanted 50 cents for each one which was a bit rich i thought. I have tried Reece's plumbing supplies and Bunnings but have had no luck so far.
I know I can get them by mail order from a homebrew shop in NSW at much cheaper than the above price but I prefer local sources.

Thanks

Johnno,

50c a seal IS a ripoff!

A quick look around on Yahoo shows that there aren't many Melbourne based options :( , but you can buy packs of 100 for $17.90 from TWOC Homebrewing. The Country Brewer does them for $16.50 for a pack of 100, and the Grain and Grape does Grolsch washers at 20c a pop, if you'll excuse the poor pun... :D

TL

In case anyone still reads this thread; Went through the same search! Bunnings, useless. Plumbing supply shop, useless. Gave in, and ordered off of Country brewer, figuring why not save a couple of bucks over going to Grain and Grape. Unfortunately, Country Brewer doesn't tell you what their postage is until AFTER you've confirmed your order and typed in your credit card info. :angry:

G&G is actually cheaper when it's all said & done...

Hiya Doc,

Nope, it's the same as that. However, they don't tack the shipping on anywhere before you finish paying...(like most on-line shopping I've done). I doubt 100 rubber washers can weigh much more than 500g... (but the info on the "Caps, seals & corks" page isn't that detailed...can't blame 'em.)
http://www.countrybrewer.com.au/category65_1.htm

In the end, I'm whinging about a difference of less than $5, so I'm going to get off my soap box and go drink a beer! :D

Just wanted the folks to know that still, 2 years later from original post, there's no "underground" supply of rubber gaskets to be had in Melbourne!

Rgds,
A

Hi guys

Just stumbled across the Forum on google today...

The company I work for, Winequip Products in Melbourne, sell these rubbers for $13.50 per 100, will reduce to $10 for forum members

We have a truckload of stock of the actual Grosch clips (complete with rubber) that we'll sell for 50c each (min order 50)

Cheers

Quip thats good I pay $13 per 100 where do I order

Pumpy

I will take some of them, I have around 250-270 of those, 2 I broke when I was "confused" and others have gone walkabout after taste testing with [so called] mates. but at least 250. So 200 for me please Quip. :chug: ;)

Quip,
I'll take 100 of those where can I order from

Hi Quip,

What about the dial thermometers under food equipment ?.
How long is the probe?
Are these ok to use in brewing?

johnno

G'day Guys

Our online ordering on our site still needs a bit of work, so if anyone is interested in ordering just drop us an email at [email protected] with your contact details and we'll call you back for card details etc.

Johnno, that dial thermometer probe is only about 14cm long, I suspect that's not long enough for brewing - it would certainly measure the temperature OK though.
You may need to look at one of the digital thermometers that has a 1m stainless steel cord/probe - a few more bucks though, but would be happy to look at a a bit of a price reduction for the home brewing market!

Cheers
Andrew

Back