Rouse Wyeast1968 Before Bottling?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verysupple

Supremely mediocre brewer
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got an ESB fermenting away (pitched Sat) at the moment using Wyeast1968. I don't seem to be having any attenuation issues due to the yeast floccing out too early...yet (fingers crossed). However, there is a mighty yeast cake already in the bottom of the FV so I'm wondering if there will be enough yeast left in suspension after a good diacetly rest for bottle priming. Should I rouse the yeast before bottling?

Hi All,

I've got an ESB fermenting away (pitched Sat) at the moment using Wyeast1968. I don't seem to be having any attenuation issues due to the yeast floccing out too early...yet (fingers crossed). However, there is a mighty yeast cake already in the bottom of the FV so I'm wondering if there will be enough yeast left in suspension after a good diacetly rest for bottle priming. Should I rouse the yeast before bottling?

I've used this yeast in quite a number of brews.
No need to rouse before bottling.

If fact, my experience has been that it carbonates rather slowly but continues to do so over a prolonged period, even when you think your brew is fully carbed.

I'm kegging so have no practical advice, except to say I pitched an ESB on 1968 last night, good times. :icon_cheers:
Brewed in April, the wonders of no chill.

Google-fu tells me that it should be fine, just be patient and possibly give the bottle a swirl to encourage carbonation.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=wyeast+1...le+conditioning

Cheers for the speedy replies guys, good to know.

Cheers for the speedy replies guys, good to know.

I've had to give the yeast in the fermenter some encouragement by way of a gentle stir, but never before bottling.

One of my fav yeasts this one.

JD

Latest posts

Back