Quantcast

Rouse Wyeast1968 Before Bottling?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

verysupple

Supremely mediocre brewer
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got an ESB fermenting away (pitched Sat) at the moment using Wyeast1968. I don't seem to be having any attenuation issues due to the yeast floccing out too early...yet (fingers crossed). However, there is a mighty yeast cake already in the bottom of the FV so I'm wondering if there will be enough yeast left in suspension after a good diacetly rest for bottle priming. Should I rouse the yeast before bottling?

warra48

I've drunk all my homebrew and I'm still worried.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got an ESB fermenting away (pitched Sat) at the moment using Wyeast1968. I don't seem to be having any attenuation issues due to the yeast floccing out too early...yet (fingers crossed). However, there is a mighty yeast cake already in the bottom of the FV so I'm wondering if there will be enough yeast left in suspension after a good diacetly rest for bottle priming. Should I rouse the yeast before bottling?
I've used this yeast in quite a number of brews.
No need to rouse before bottling.

If fact, my experience has been that it carbonates rather slowly but continues to do so over a prolonged period, even when you think your brew is fully carbed.

hsb

Worth waiting for
Reaction score
I'm kegging so have no practical advice, except to say I pitched an ESB on 1968 last night, good times. :icon_cheers:
Brewed in April, the wonders of no chill.

Google-fu tells me that it should be fine, just be patient and possibly give the bottle a swirl to encourage carbonation.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=wyeast+1...le+conditioning

verysupple

Supremely mediocre brewer
Reaction score
Cheers for the speedy replies guys, good to know.

JDW81

I make wort, the yeast make it beer.
Reaction score
Cheers for the speedy replies guys, good to know.
I've had to give the yeast in the fermenter some encouragement by way of a gentle stir, but never before bottling.

One of my fav yeasts this one.

JD

Latest posts