Round Eskies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fammer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i've been looking around trying to find some round insulated eskies large enough to submerge a whole 5gal keg in ice.

So far I have come up with lots of ones that fit the 3 gal and the following:

http://www.morleyathletic.com/images/M14976.jpg
(Fits a whole 50L keg even)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...item=4374334122
(This large Sydney 2000 esky, big enough for a 5 gal however was in QLD and the postage to vic would have killed me).

The idea is to have the whole keg in ice with a small soda stream bottle dispensing in a fully sealed situation and then have a bit of extra ice on top for my bourbon+coke premix.

I don't really want a jockey/miracle box as I want it to last for like 3 days, my only option may be to fabricate something custom (square) out of coolroom panels.

Cheers

Pity you're not in QLD as that last item went pretty cheap. Have you got any details on the round eskys that suit a 3gal keg? I'm looking for something to work with my new kegs for partys.

tonydav,

the postage on it was going to be like $90-120.

For a 3 gal use a 10gal rubbermaid water cooler or even an esky that is tall enough.

What about the 18Gal "Keep Cool " round esky on Goliaths website? They are in Adelaide so freight wouldnt be too much....

Cheers
Wobbo

Wobbo, looks pretty cool.....the question is - Is it big enough?

There website states no dimensions, im searching the net now for some.

Just ring Dave on Monday and ask him to measure it for you, or send him an email, I think it would go pretty close to fitting a 5gal keg.

Wobbo

Fammer said:
Wobbo, looks pretty cool.....the question is - Is it big enough?

There website states no dimensions, im searching the net now for some.
[post="56919"][/post]​

I have the 36l one that is on the Goliaths site.

Internal diameter is about 30cm and the internal height is about 44cm.

Quick measurement with a ruler so that could be out by a cm or two.

Wort - very nice setup.....I assume he has injected foam between the cylinder and the garbage bin walls....I have been thinking of doing something similar...just trying to keep the size down....

Nice job though.

Nice job Wort. Certainly looks the business.

Doc

The 36L Keepcold cooler can be bought from Mitre10 for $72

Jovial Monk

Back