Ross's New Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
With all the new bars, fonts & ventmatic taps being shoved in my face every day - how much can a man take :blink:

So ordered my new bar (not game to try building one - I'll leave that to you talented buggers ;) ) . Went to see it's progress this morning - looking good I think - Got a meeting with the font manufacturer tomorrow morning on site to work out the best size/position for the font - looking at fitting a flooded, brushed Stainless steel, 10 tap, goal post font with ventmatic taps on a lower shelf just behind the main bar...

new_bar_004.jpg new_bar_009.jpg

Should all be in place for the xmas case swap... :D

That's a nice lump o'wood on the surface Ross. Ya lucky bugger. Very nice. :rolleyes: :beerbang:

Warren -

Beautiful slab - and a 10 tap font... green as Kermit. Good job :beerbang:

...sex with it - is that what the rag in the background is for

Nice one Ross.....get some beer coasters on that beautiful bit of wood though when its in full swing.
Cheers
Steve

Nice work there Ross. Nice bit of timber...

Shawn.

Whoa! So far is looks great and by the sound of it, the completed job will be an absolute ripper!

Well done Ross!

Wortgames said:
although go with soccer goalposts, as rugby and AFL posts would be too tall.
[post="83357"][/post]​

Good tip :D :D ...

very nice, 10 taps is a hell of a lot! When does the coolroom arive.

Wow!

I think I might have to get my arse in to gear and start building!

JasonY said:
very nice, 10 taps is a hell of a lot! When does the coolroom arive.
[post="83361"][/post]​

no cool room - but an 800L converted chest freezer outside, piped through the wall into the bar room & chilled with a glycol machine...

Ross. You should get it to play that song "Lean on Me". :rolleyes:

Nothing like propping up a nice bar. :lol: :party:

Warren -

Ross,
What a beautiful piece of craftman's-ship. A quick question, Have you considered getting a slab of 1/4" chamfered glass cut to place over the bar to protect it? I have a similarly built formal dining table, and admittedly it is a more symetric shape, but the glass cover was a god-send. I wince at the thought of some suitably pissed visitor "placing" a glass on it a little too forcefully and denting it. Coasters can be tricky to aim at if the night is late enough!!

M

That is going to look awesome Ross. With 10 taps you will have to retire to keep up the brew schedule to keep them all on tap, especially now that you have posted pics and everyone will want to come and sample :p
Look forward to the pics of it installed with taps at your joint.

Beers,
Doc

Dont forget one of those singing fish things to hand on the wall behind the bar :lol:

mandrakar said:
Ross,
What a beautiful piece of craftman's-ship. A quick question, Have you considered getting a slab of 1/4" chamfered glass cut to place over the bar to protect it? I have a similarly built formal dining table, and admittedly it is a more symetric shape, but the glass cover was a god-send. I wince at the thought of some suitably pissed visitor "placing" a glass on it a little too forcefully and denting it. Coasters can be tricky to aim at if the night is late enough!!

M
[post="83366"][/post]​

Hadn't really considered that, not sure how easy it would be to cut one perfectly to size, but would be great if I could - Hopefully, even pissed, people will take a little care - a few beer mats should help...

Ohh, that's looking to become a very nice bar...

I want to make one now!! Pity I don't have my own house... Maybe my parents will let me 'modify' the bar they have in the lounge room...

Forget the glass top, the only way to handle dents is to get lots of them, quick.

Basically, invite us all over for a session, and we'll soon give it the character that only pissed mates can give it.

Wortgames said:
Forget the glass top, the only way to handle dents is to get lots of them, quick.

Basically, invite us all over for a session, and we'll soon give it the character that only pissed mates can give it.
[post="83377"][/post]​

Always an open invite here for you Mr Wortgames - They were a couple of nights to remember when we hit town together :party: - Your hangover gone yet LOL...

Latest posts

Back