Ross @ Craftbrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon guys you're embarrassing Ross, can't you see him blushing?

C'mon GB you know ya want to......................:lol:

Screwy

C\'mon GB you know ya want to......................:lol:

Screwy

GB won't bite tonight - he is being a responsible family man :eek:

No one who has been to Ross's or GryphonBrewing could possibly walk out the door and say they didn't have fun or learn a heap.

Ross got me under way when I was in QLD and we enjoyed a heap of beers together. He really enjoys the business side and is an aggressive retailer. This style brings us brewers an excellent product range. This has also resulted in our occassional run ins but I know I can walk into his place tomorrow and still be welcome and we will laugh with and at each other. I am very much looking forward to a beer with him at this year's QLD Case Swap.

Gryphon is the opposite type of retailer. He couldn't care less about what people think on an open forum and he is the laziest and least aggressive marketer I know - lol! But if you are his customer, he will offer 100% service and 150% advice. Order something and it will be there the next day. He also doesn't charge enough - compare his prices!

What I like is that even though he has commercial brewing experience and qualifications unmatched by any other retailer (pretty sure on this?), he has an open mind and will often say, "I don't know the answer but that's an interesting question."

He also is a proven excellent brewer taking out trophys in the hardest categories each and every year. His recipe knowledge is rare. I even got a bronze medal in the Royal Perth Show using his recipe even though I had a slight fermenter ball-valve tap infection and brewed his recipe to a mid-strength beer! (Only entered the comp because you get an exhibitor's tasting ticket :))

Anyway, every retailer has their own style, advantages and disadvantages. One thing I do know is that GB has never instigated a bad word against any other retailer (though in one case, I know Screwy that you were lead to believe he did but he didn't - had nothing to do with him. You know me well enough to take my word). He has always tried to do the right thing.

Get him in the right mood though and he'll challenge you - no worries!

There are a lot of retailers on this site, both with a banner and without, that will all give you top service and advice. (MHB helps me a lot and G&G I hear consistent good reports of. I'm sure there are many others.)

Personally, I think if you have a good retailer in your state or area, then support them in the areas they should be supported. When responding in a thread, I also think that experienced brewers should consider the context of the poster's question and, without bias, recommend the retailer with the appropriate level of experience or product range. (In my post prior to this tonight I recommended Craftbrewer for a product and GryphonBrewing for the advice. Today I also sent an email to BeerBelly making an enquiry on a $400 order. I did tell him I don't need any hose :))

Praise for a retailer is great. Offering constructive feedback to a retailer on open forum is great. Implying that one retailer is the best at everything is misleading especially when done at the expense of another very honest and well-intentioned one. Stir any well-intentioned person up and they will eventually appear as you portray them. It's a fool-proof and very successful strategy that has been in use as long as manipulation entered our human psyche. It is not a constructive strategy but it is powerful. For me it has no evolutionary value at all.

For me, I'll just keep recommending who I think is the best retailer to solve a problem. Maybe, after posting the above, I'll start trying to do it even more honestly than I have to date.

Fair comment?

I think so,
Pat

Edit: Long enough? LOL!

Don't forget the other 2 essential tools:
WD40 and 100mph tape

WD40 is the anti-siliicon. If it doesn't move and it should, apply WD40
The tape...well that's mainly for pistolpatch

hmmmm......the suckholing is reaching critical point :lol:
{not directed at anyone in particular, just a general observation}

stagga.

Don't forget the other 2 essential tools:
WD40 and 100mph tape

WD40 is the anti-siliicon. If it doesn't move and it should, apply WD40
The tape...well that's mainly for pistolpatch

Ahhhhh now the Silicon will stick anything up that 100mph tape will............ including PP :)

And the hammer will move anything that WD-40 wont.

As i was taught............ If its stuck, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway :)

I work in the IT industry and a hammer, though not a requirement, is sorely needed at times. Both for stuborn computers and dumb users :ph34r:

GB won't bite tonight - he is being a responsible family man :eek:

No one who has been to Ross's or GryphonBrewing could possibly walk out the door and say they didn't have fun or learn a heap.

Ross got me under way when I was in QLD and we enjoyed a heap of beers together. He really enjoys the business side and is an aggressive retailer. This style brings us brewers an excellent product range. This has also resulted in our occassional run ins but I know I can walk into his place tomorrow and still be welcome and we will laugh with and at each other. I am very much looking forward to a beer with him at this year's QLD Case Swap.

Gryphon is the opposite type of retailer. He couldn't care less about what people think on an open forum and he is the laziest and least aggressive marketer I know - lol! But if you are his customer, he will offer 100% service and 150% advice. Order something and it will be there the next day. He also doesn't charge enough - compare his prices!

What I like is that even though he has commercial brewing experience and qualifications unmatched by any other retailer (pretty sure on this?), he has an open mind and will often say, "I don't know the answer but that's an interesting question."

He also is a proven excellent brewer taking out trophys in the hardest categories each and every year. His recipe knowledge is rare. I even got a bronze medal in the Royal Perth Show using his recipe even though I had a slight fermenter ball-valve tap infection and brewed his recipe to a mid-strength beer! (Only entered the comp because you get an exhibitor's tasting ticket :))

Anyway, every retailer has their own style, advantages and disadvantages. One thing I do know is that GB has never instigated a bad word against any other retailer (though in one case, I know Screwy that you were lead to believe he did but he didn't - had nothing to do with him. You know me well enough to take my word). He has always tried to do the right thing.

Get him in the right mood though and he'll challenge you - no worries!

There are a lot of retailers on this site, both with a banner and without, that will all give you top service and advice. (MHB helps me a lot and G&G I hear consistent good reports of. I'm sure there are many others.)

Personally, I think if you have a good retailer in your state or area, then support them in the areas they should be supported. When responding in a thread, I also think that experienced brewers should consider the context of the poster's question and, without bias, recommend the retailer with the appropriate level of experience or product range. (In my post prior to this tonight I recommended Craftbrewer for a product and GryphonBrewing for the advice. Today I also sent an email to BeerBelly making an enquiry on a $400 order. I did tell him I don't need any hose :))

Praise for a retailer is great. Offering constructive feedback to a retailer on open forum is great. Implying that one retailer is the best at everything is misleading especially when done at the expense of another very honest and well-intentioned one. Stir any well-intentioned person up and they will eventually appear as you portray them. It's a fool-proof and very successful strategy that has been in use as long as manipulation entered our human psyche. It is not a constructive strategy but it is powerful. For me it has no evolutionary value at all.

For me, I'll just keep recommending who I think is the best retailer to solve a problem. Maybe, after posting the above, I'll start trying to do it even more honestly than I have to date.

Fair comment?

I think so,
Pat

Edit: Long enough? LOL!

I'll drink to that! :icon_chickcheers:

I wouldn't be surprised if Ross delivered my hops before I ordered them! ;)

Pat

YOU have gone WAY OVER your 25 word limit

:icon_chickcheers:

SEE YA at Sqyres sheep & goat chassing classic on 14 Nov.....
Cant wait to catch up with ya brother :icon_cheers:

Back