Rogues's Dead Guy Ale..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tazman1967

Reaction score
Ok.. it might not be an exact clone, but its my interpretation of it..

EFF. 70 %
OG. 1068
FG 1016
IBU 41.7
Est ABV 6.8%
Colour 18 EBC

Grain:

BB Pale Malt 4.76kg
Munich I 1.59kg
Crystal 20L .80kg

Hops:
Perle 7.5 % 40g Boil 90min
Sterling 7% 32g Boil 5min

Yeast:

1 satchel of 1056 American Ale

Mash
Mashed at 67d for 60min
mashed out at 78d

Ferment at 18d

Any ???
ASK

I am going to get a commercial version to try. Yours is a cracker whether or not it's close to the real one.

Looks good , I have had the real thing and was not keen when it got up in temp . Cheers

At OG 1068 it may be adviseable to pitch two packs of the US 05. One pack may struggle a bit with a beer of that strength.

Looks good, let us know how it comes out.

Cheers

I only pitched one packet, The proper strain to use is the Packman Strain, but it's a little hard to get.
I would use American Ale II to get somewhere close. But good old US56 was good enough on the day for me.

Please let us know how you go using the us05. Although Pacman is considered pretty neutral I actually think it contributes quite a lot to this beer (which I adore). I'd try the BRy97 or wy1272 personally...

…and just as I'm typing you reply saying the same thing…oops!

Regardless, let us know how it turns out.

I see there is a CYBI version of it here: http://thebrewingnetwork.com/shows/530 did you listen to this or formulate it yourself? Either way, I'm sure it will be a delicious beer!

Through the magic of the Internet....

2013-12-08182101_zps6b54984e.jpg

Some guys at the SEQ Case swap had a taste of it...
Beer had Brewbrite added at flame out and was lagered for 2 weeks at 4d.

Latest posts

Back