Rogers Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-RENT

Reaction score
Gday fellas,

Am going to attempt to step up into some grains for my brew tomorrow.I am going to have a go at the following which was stolen from a thread I came across on here..was from Drsmurto I think(cheers mate!)

Little Creatures Rogers (light/mid strength hoppy beer)
1 x tin Coopers Lager (1.7kg)
500g LDME
250g Medium crystal
250g Pale chocolate malt
20g Cascade @ 0
20g Amarillo @ 0
Yeast – Windsor
Top up to 20L for OG 1.036, IBU ~25, ABV ~3.4%

Went to the Homebrew store yday and they didn't have any pale chocolate so grabbed a bag of Carapils as well as the Crystal as it was the only other grain I'd seen mentioned a few times on the forum and read it helps with head retention etc

I know it won't end up exactly the same but if i use the Carapils instead of the chocolate will it produce a tasty beer or am I way off track??Can I possibly just double the Crystal?

Also I'm guessing I need to crack the grain?

Cheers
:cheers:

A few things here. I brew something similar fairly regularly and here are my suggestions:
1) do 10g of each hops at 10 mins and 10g each at 0 mins
2) don’t worry about the chocolate grain so much. That would add some flavour but it would also provide the reddish colour of the original Rogers beer. You could replace the tin of goo for something like Morgans Amber Oak. This would help get the right colour.
3) Don’t use the carapils in this beer. Save it for something light.
4) Windsor is a nice yeast but a low attenuator. This means it will make a sweeter but lower strength beer. Put it into the spreadsheet and see what alc% you get.

Latest posts

Back