Rocks Brewing Build ...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you'll be able to set one up in my brewing dungeon before the new year..?

Cheers Scotty! I'll bring a cold slab of new for your efforts..

Trades are a bit hard to get at this time of the year Mssrs Spongie, but will do my best.

Where is the old brewhouse? Is it actually at the pub? (only went there once about three years ago).. if so will the old brewhouse be cleared out and converted into bar area if that's feasible?

I believe I read in Crafty Pint they use contract brewers... That's why they are The Rocks Brewing Company - soon to be Rock's Brewery.
Not 100% sure...

We are 100% contract atm, across 4 breweries on average from Mildura to IBC to Australian Brewery to 6 String. Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority told us from the get-go that we would never be able to put the brewery in The Rocks. Happy for us to have the pub and beers named after the area, but a big no to trucks and all the usual brewery stuff.

/// said:
Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority
What a corrupt bunch they are being proven to be...
Was a "brew pub" type setup ever considered to supply just harts?

Looking forward to buying your packaged product off the shelf locally! Growler re-fills at the brewery in the cards? (Sell it by the millilitre and fill my keg?)

I'll side step the issues that SHFA have had around other tenants, but there is no room for any brewing and at 40+ kegs a week that is still a reasonable sized bit of kit.

Growler fills will be in place as well as packaged sales. Looking forward to taking home growlers personally! ;p

Come on mate, it would be perfect, you could just run waste stream to ocean, it would even create your own special fishing spot. And you are then lowering your BODs by eating the fish, serve them as carbon neutral or something. Harbour whosits don't understand the idea of food miles.

Chiller is in ... We small one ... ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1388399761.293259.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1388399790.909066.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1388399828.042361.jpg

About 500,000 at the mo, can slide to about 1.2 mill with a few tanks in. All the services are oversized so I can add tanks straight in. On contract I am at about 250 odd ATM, so it will fill pretty quickly.

Last bit of kit is in on Thursday, just
Need to finish the building stuff and away we go.

Forgot to say 'oh yeah, sexy floors'. Spent 5 years trying to hose down floors uphill and to a small pit, never doing that again!

Floor was relatively cheap too, worth every cent

Mate, it is the unsexy stuff that makes the daily difference to an enjoyable job, therefore "free" productivity.

Your floor turned me on mate.

If you don't put in the right floor, every brewer who ever works there will curse you all the day. Also, insulation on the chiller pipe work.

Edit: Forgot to say, looking sexi!

Looking great Scotty, Hope I get a chance to come & have a look when down in February...

Cheers Ross

I am king at creative forklift use ... Those empty 20' containers did not stand a chance yesterday

Mark - in between green square and mascot ... Mascot a bit closer

Looking forward to beer being in 1 place ... Not 5 ... As is the current

Scotty

Latest posts

Back