Robobrew V3 vs Guten

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my Robo relatively recently, about three weeks ago.

If they were claiming compliance without actually being compliant, they'd be breaking the law, perhaps you should inform the authorities? It beats speculating about them here, all you're doing is suggesting/implying they're selling uncertified gear. Find out for sure.

I bought my Robo relatively recently, about three weeks ago.

If they were claiming compliance without actually being compliant, they'd be breaking the law, perhaps you should inform the authorities? It beats speculating about them here, all you're doing is suggesting/implying they're selling uncertified gear. Find out for sure.

he might get an answer he doesnt want to hear if he does that though....

Actually I did do that, the lass I spoke to (Jessica) at The National Database could not locate any indication of the unit or the company,while I waited on the phone her manager did a search with the same conclusion. That is when I was told under no circumstances could I sell the unit I had.
Guten is relatively new, but when I got mine the paperwork was in place, otherwise I would not have purchased it.
I was encouraged to register a complaint which I have done to enable them to do further searches, I do sincerely hope that no laws have been encroached, not only because I want to sell this Robobrew G3 which has been donated to charity but for the sake of all those who have purchased this unit in good faith. It would be helpful if KL could step in and give their registration number before conjecture takes over

Yes the company has to be on the database, but the equipment does not. Only level 2 (medium risk) or level 3 (high risk) electrical equipment needs to be registered.

Who says they are in the database under Keg Land. They are more than likely under another name.

I'm not backing Keg Land in this, I have no affiliation or allegiances. I use both sites, depending on what I want. I just hate seeing people being misled when they have no idea or an axe to grind for some unknown reason.

Actually I did do that, the lass I spoke to (Jessica) at The National Database could not locate any indication of the unit or the company,while I waited on the phone her manager did a search with the same conclusion. That is when I was told under no circumstances could I sell the unit I had.
Guten is relatively new, but when I got mine the paperwork was in place, otherwise I would not have purchased it.
I was encouraged to register a complaint which I have done to enable them to do further searches, I do sincerely hope that no laws have been encroached, not only because I want to sell this Robobrew G3 which has been donated to charity but for the sake of all those who have purchased this unit in good faith. It would be helpful if KL could step in and give their registration number before conjecture takes over
From what you are saying, your beloved kegking also does not comply with the law on their kegerators (expired in database), immersion heaters (not existant on the database) and the guten (not in the database). Only thing they have listed is a temperature controlled device up to 2400w 10a (these are not the gutens specs) Perhaps you should lodge a complaint against kegking also.
Screenshot_20180906-221857_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

Yes the company has to be on the database, but the equipment does not. Only level 2 (medium risk) or level 3 (high risk) electrical equipment needs to be registered.

Who says they are in the database under Keg Land. They are more than likely under another name.

I'm not backing Keg Land in this, I have no affiliation or allegiances. I use both sites, depending on what I want. I just hate seeing people being misled when they have no idea or an axe to grind for some unknown reason.
Hard to do when they use the name and ABN to do the search, also the equipment has to be on the database so the authorities can match it with the supplier if anything goes wrong.
You have to look at the big picture and see who is misleading who.

As I stated previously, type 1 equipment doesn't, which is generally household electrical equipment.
source: http://www.erac.gov.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=113&Itemid=563
All well and good if it was a type 1 which it isn't.
From what you are saying, your beloved kegking also does not comply with the law on their kegerators (expired in database), immersion heaters (not existant on the database) and the guten (not in the database). Only thing they have listed is a temperature controlled device up to 2400w 10a (these are not the gutens specs) Perhaps you should lodge a complaint against kegking also. View attachment 113453
Seeing as the old management team of Keg King prior to the split, are now Keg Land it just goes to show what a shitty legacy they have left the new management of Keg King, no doubt it will be one of the issues they are working through.

Please explain
I don't want to take the thread too far off topic, but there's the photo you found online and posted in the Ultratap vs Intertap thread, pretending to be your own and throwing some crap excuse when you were caught out. Not to mention your extremely obvious bias against anything KegLand, anyone who's been following these threads would understand completely what I mean, I don't need to summarise it all here (and it would take me more time than I care to spend)

Class 1 - All parts insulated, earth pin via cord.
Class 2 - Double insulated, no earth pin.
Class 3 - Low voltage, like a battery drill.
Class L - Power leads and power boards.

Which type was it again?

No, I just looked it up, easy, see page 17 on the link and the reference number AS/NZ 60335.2.15
Level 3 rating.
www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0014/144140/equipment-definitions-and-risk-levels.pdf
Comments in brackets

Liquid heating appliance
An electrical appliance that—
(a) is a household type; (yep)

(b) is portable; (yep)

(c) has a capacity not exceeding 10L (last time i checked my robo exceeds this 3 fold)
; and

(d) heats liquid for—
(i) humidifying room air; or (nope)
(ii) use in, or as, a hot beverage; or (nope - i do not drink my wort)
(iii) cooking. (Nope)

Dont think the robobrew is under this definition.

I have had a RB3 for a while now and put half a dozen brews through. No complaints, I've hit my numbers spot on from the first and with the same efficiency as my BIAB (ie pretty high). The screens are all flat :) and it's very easy to clean with a Gerni. I take the point about the automated steps being timed from when the heating starts but this isn't a problem for me as I prefer to do my brewing a bit more hands on anyway. I have increased the liquor to grist ratio (leaving about 6 L sparge) for convenience and because I'm more used to that. I have to say I'm a bit wary in principle about having a PCB mounted in a hot steamy environment, but I suppose that would be the same for any other similar unit. We'll see how that goes.

WEAL - Does your upgrade involve PID on the Robobrew V2?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back