Robobrew V3 vs Guten

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. If you are after a RB3, I may be able to get you one unused for $300 buyer is in country Victoria opened it up and was extremely disappointed in the quality, he is dropping it off for me to have a look at when he comes down to pick up a Guten from KegKing. I will keep you posted.
Clarkie has informed to to hold off the sale pending........

Just wondering does the Guten have water volume measurements inside it? - I know the Robobrew does (even though not 100% accurate) but just wondering if the Guten also has this.

Getting back on topic I think we can wind this up as a no show from the Robobrew G3 corner, cheap, shoddily made, poorly designed. I do feel sorry for those who bought the Robobrew G3, bought from a firm who believes that competition is about "Cheap" the cheaper the better, never mind about the quality. I expect that a lot of those purchasers of the RBG3 will be quietly humming that song by The Who, not Pinball Wizard, not Tommy, not My Generation ahh it will come to me later.

I suspect it is likely that people stayed quiet because they didn’t want to enter into an unhelpful shit slinging match as seems to be common here (not laying blame). I have enough going on IRL and don’t need silly internet fights.

FWIW I have a Robobrew. Bought on price and so far does the job I need. However, I consider wort production one of the easiest, most forgiving and least prone to screwing up processes in my limited and very amateur experience. So the choice of equipment does not fuss me so much.

Hopefully everyone using whatever setups are able to use them well enough to produce great wort. I don’t give a **** who made it but if they need help then wouldn’t it be nice to find a resource that they could use to get help without all the bullshit that seems to go with it.

Just wondering does the Guten have water volume measurements inside it? - I know the Robobrew does (even though not 100% accurate) but just wondering if the Guten also has this.

Yes it does, I haven’t had a chance to measure in water and check it’s accurscy though

I suspect it is likely that people stayed quiet because they didn’t want to enter into an unhelpful shit slinging match as seems to be common here (not laying blame). I have enough going on IRL and don’t need silly internet fights.

FWIW I have a Robobrew. Bought on price and so far does the job I need. However, I consider wort production one of the easiest, most forgiving and least prone to screwing up processes in my limited and very amateur experience. So the choice of equipment does not fuss me so much.

Hopefully everyone using whatever setups are able to use them well enough to produce great wort. I don’t give a **** who made it but if they need help then wouldn’t it be nice to find a resource that they could use to get help without all the bullshit that seems to go with it.
I am generally not fussed either, but I am when it comes to electrical appliances, especially as there is no approval number or certification number, and it is arguably not of merchantable quality.

I have a guten. The measurements are way off. I just use a 5litre jug to measure water.

I am generally not fussed either, but I am when it comes to electrical appliances, especially as there is no approval number or certification number, and it is arguably not of merchantable quality.
Yeah I am pretty much the same - I have been staring at both the Robobrew and the Guten just because I want an easy no Fuss compact vessel to get into All Grain without having to use gas burners or hoisting grain bags via pulley systems etc......but the longer I wait to pull the trigger on one of them, the more problems that seem to come up and $400+ for something you might get a year out of it without any major issues seems a bit ridiculous. Might just have to throw the credit card at the Guten and see what happens

Got my 50 litre today,
Nicely packaged.
004.JPG
Flat screens
005.JPG
Immersion chiller
006.JPG
And a really good finished product, most importantly with appropriate electrical certification in place.
007.JPG

3 year warranty! No electrical compliance! Got to admit that was my second try!

I love these threads...

Robobrew label. I'm no expert, but doesn't "Complies with 60335.2.15" tick the electrical certification box? View attachment 113440
Well this is where it gets interesting,anyone supplying electrical goods must be on the National Database, as should the name of the product in question, I would be happy for someone provide me with a link or even the registration number of either the product or company, buggered if I can find either.
And I have a Robobrew G3 for sale which I would not be happy selling it without knowing if it is compliant.
As you can see this is a different label on mine than yours when did you get your EmptyB

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 338

Latest posts

Back