Robobobrew temps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJH

Reaction score
has any one noticed the difference in temps with the robobrew I set it at 66c but when I check the wort temp coming out of the recirculation pump/hose it is a higher temp 70c I am wondering witch one I should ignore. I have heard that the temp readouts are not that accurate .

The V3 has a calibration feature if you have that model.
Are you using a good thermometer to check the temps?

Thanks Fro- Daddy I will try the calibration feature I didn,nt know it was there.

Page 17 of the manual has instructions:
https://www.kegland.com.au/media/pdf/Robobrew Instructions Gen 3.pdf

1. Power up the Robobrew and press the pause button.
2. Press and hold down the time button until the calibration number is displayed.
3. Adjust the calibration number between -10 and +10. A positive figure will increase the displayed temperature and a negative figure will decrease the displayed temperature. For instance if your Robobrew is reading 20C on the display but it should be reading 25C then use a calibration figure of positive 5.
4. Press the time button again to return to the home screen.

Just make sure you are setting it to match a reliable thermometer.

In addition to the above, make sure you've had the temperature stable for a while (running the recirculating pump helps speed this up). The temperature probe is near the heating element, so will read a few degrees hotter until the entire contents become an even temperature. If you set say 60 degrees, give it 5-10 minutes after the display says 60 to ensure all of the contents are 60 degrees. Kee has put up a video about this very issue and it's worthwhile checking out before you make any calibration adjustments.

Calibration isn’t really going to fix it as the delta is impacted by flow rates, screen blockage with hops etc.
I got caught on the brewzilla when cooling after the boil as the screen was getting covered in hops and trub, slowing recirc and resulting in significant over chilling. It was fine fine during boil.
Having a separate probe in the mash or wort is the only way to really know what’s going on.

Last edited:
Thanks Fro- Daddy I will try the calibration feature I didn,nt know it was there.
Calibration isn’t really going to fix it as the delta is impacted by flow rates, screen blockage with hops etc.
I got caught on the brewzilla when cooling after the boil as the screen was getting covered in hops and trub, slowing recirc and resulting in significant over chilling. It fine fine during boil.
Having a separate probe in the mash or wort is the only way to really know what’s going on.
Thanksfor all your replies I will be doing a Dr Smerto in a weeks time and will pay more attention Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back