Robinox Vs Trenton

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pennywise

Brewin' Beer for Crazy Clowns & Juggalo's
Reaction score
Having a look at Allquip and their Ali stockpots, I'm wondering what, if any, difference there is between the Robinox & Trenton brands. Trenton are a bit cheaper, but they look to be the same, I found that the Trenton ones are 4mm thick, are the Robinox ones a bit thicker? Anything not so good about one or the other?

Pennywise, I can't comment on the Trenton as I have a Robinox (although it's s/s, not ali). I am using it as a kettle and can't fault it.

Hi Pennywise,

You would be acting eponymously to carefully compare the prices on Allquip with those of Beerbelly. I spent a lot of time looking at both sites before choosing Beerbelly for my (Robinox) stainless pot. I think Wayne includes tax on his prices and Allquip doesn't; he was either cheaper, or the same price.

I know you're lookng at aluminium, but it may still be relevant.

Good luck

Breezy

I cant speak for the Robinox pots, but I bought a 60L ally Trenton from allquip. Its a well made pot that will served me for many years to come.

Perhaps the Robinox pots are better (I dont know), but I doubt that I'd notice the difference for brewing purposes.

Pennywise, I can't comment on the Trenton as I have a Robinox (although it's s/s, not ali). I am using it as a kettle and can't fault it.

I was looking at s/s but price pushed me away pretty quick. That and ali is a much better conductor of heat

Hi Pennywise,

You would be acting eponymously to carefully compare the prices on Allquip with those of Beerbelly. I spent a lot of time looking at both sites before choosing Beerbelly for my (Robinox) stainless pot. I think Wayne includes tax on his prices and Allquip doesn't; he was either cheaper, or the same price.

I know you're lookng at aluminium, but it may still be relevant.

Good luck

Breezy

Thanks Breezy, will have a closer look at the fine print

I cant speak for the Robinox pots, but I bought a 60L ally Trenton from allquip. Its a well made pot that will served me for many years to come.

Perhaps the Robinox pots are better (I dont know), but I doubt that I'd notice the difference for brewing purposes.

Thanks guys, seems they are equally good brands. I'll try and find out how thick the Robinox ones are. Pretty much that's what I'm going to make my decsicion on, whichever is thicker!

I just got a 70lt Robinox (Forje) and the quality looks smick!
It will be my new Kettle and use my old cheapo 75lt $68 special as my new HLT atlast more than 35lt of water at a time!

Although I got a little surprise when I took the lid off :)

gallery_9889_466_10266.jpg

Send it back Gava... while the pot will be brilliant, the included accessory will give you no end of grief over the coming years ;)

Better watch Ted there in the background... looks like he's about to put some moves on the redhead :eek:

Better watch Ted there in the background... looks like he's about to put some moves on the redhead :eek:

Oh yes it looks like he's going to get some action... thats a little weird :)

Latest posts

Back