Roadtrip To Tamworth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Long story short, I'm doing a roadtrip to Tamworth Sat arvo.
Will be staying the night, picking up a puppy then returning to Sydney Sunday morn.

A few searches have not revealed any detailed info on where to get a top quality beer and feed in Tamworth, so I'm looking for some ground roots info.

Beers and TIA,
Doc

PS: Geeez I'm good to my Mother In Law

Hi mate,

Im in Tamworth. Do you know where you are staying? ill direct you to a good pub from there. (there are plenty!)

On a recent weekend away in Tamworth I had dinner at this place and will be going back.

Safari Club

Have booked a place on Ebsworth Street.
Looks like walking distance to down town.

TIA,
Doc

Yeah, just over the bridge to town.

The Good Companions Hotel is just over the bridge (you can miss it). Modern, done up pub. Has a good selection of beers on tap. Dont know much about the feed (prob not steak and chips though! more "classy" food).

There are a few other pubs in the main steet that will do you a more "pub style" feed and give you a New or VB, but im guessing you would not like that!!!

There are plenty of resturants and shit, but most dont have a good selection of beers. Actually, one of my mates has just been to a new french place that had trappist beers. ill see i i can find the name if you wish.

Safari club is a serves HUGE feeds. Very good - big steaks, ribs, half a chicken, etc.

Dont know about the beer selection, but they should have a website - google it!

Thanks grod5 and lano.

Sounds like Safari club is the place.
Also sounds very similar to Ribs & Rumps in Sydney. Basically South African owned with the emphasis on big meat.

Much appreciated.

Doc

Back