Ripleys Believe It Or Not

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NSW win in Game 1 of the SOO was not the start of a dynasty.

I found little creatures fire falcon at my dan murphys which normally stocks **** all!! Tastes pretty good too [emoji16]

I wired up a new DIY STC1000 controller and it worked first go.

SWMBO had an old credit card with a bank other than her usual Commbank.
She thought it had been totally paid off but it still, unknowingly, had $800 - when we moved house she had forgotten to inform the other bank of change of address.

Eventually they sent a debt collector to the door. The old place was now rented by two Thai people (local takeaway owners) - "Ah, she no here, she pass on. She pass on".
Being less than a grand they didn't investigate further and wrote it off assuming she had karked it.

After a few weeks the Thai people kindly sent me a bundle of old mail they had been collecting. Final demand for credit card.
Went into bank full of apologies to pay the card right off.
Nudge wink, too much paperwork.
Nudge wink.

All settled, nothing to see here.
Have a nice day.

Right now, I'm whipping up a batch of sushi rolls, California Rolls in this case, and had forgotten whether to put the shiny side of the nori sheet facing up or down.
"OK Google, sushi shiny side up or down?"

"Place the nori sheet on a bamboo mat with the rough side up and the shiny side down".

Fuckin frightening :phew:

I was driving on a motorway in the fast lane and a slower driver pulled to the left.
2nd that. In SA you'd think you were driving in Europe or the US. overtaking on the left is almost required now days:rolleyes:

No you got it wrong, they move to the left to block anyone coming off the slip lane trying to feed into the traffic.

If you want to worry someone who has not been in the car with you before, just say, "I am going to try something in a minute, I saw it in a cartoon but I think I can do it".

A recent believe it or not moment which happened to me was Grand Final day, Bulldogs supporter man and boy, my wife and I went to a Grand Final barbeque. After showing a group of women at a wedding reception some years ago how a one armed man counts his change I have always agreed to take it steady on the drink, but not this day. Decided I would watch the game on a small TV in the kitchen, everyone else was watching the big screen. Two young ladies came out and joined me and we got into a conversation about beer, after a few minutes noticed my wife looking daggers at me, and was trying to decypher what she was mouthing. Realised I was being spoken to by one of the young ladies, I asked her to repeat the question. She asked how many had I had, I replied 3 or 4 could be 5 to which she seemed bemused and asked how could I not know. I replied well the first 2 or 3 went quickly before I get into my stride and take it easy. It turned out that while I was watching my wife the conversation had turned into partners and divorces.

No you got it wrong, they move to the left to block anyone coming off the slip lane trying to feed into the traffic.

And that doesn't work either because the cars in the slip lane are probably slowing down or stopping.

I'm getting pissed cause I thought the keg was nearly empty and wanted to replace it.
Is this a general, lovely problem by us Brewers?

Latest posts

Back