RIP Rik Mayall

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a young bloke playing in bands and trying to "make it" the Young Ones and Bad News Tour were watched so much the VHS tape wore out

Yes, we had a video.

Last edited by a moderator:
" Do you know Summer Holiday by Cliff Richards" "No you hum it while I smash your face in"

And when Adrian hit him in the balls with a cricket bat. "Ha ha, missed both legs"

Mattress said:
As a young bloke playing in bands and trying to "make it" the Young Ones and Bad News Tour were watched so much the VHS tape wore out

Yes, we had a video.

[urlbe.com/watch?v=8TCPeaj5Dlw[/url]
Hehe "have we got a video?"

****... so young. I really liked a lot of stuff he did after the young ones as well.

The world is less one hilarious man :(

RIP

Had to explain to my 6 year old tonight that I was sad that he had died because I used to watch his shows when I was little and they are the reason I laugh at things no one else in our family does.

Just quietly, I'm quite pleased that my 6 y.o. also laughs at the things I laugh at while everyone stares at us confused.

He was a bloody funny bugger and he had some incredible comedians working alongside him.

was one of my favourites.

Last edited by a moderator:
The world is definitely a sadder place without Lord Flasheart

"Right! Let's dig out your best booze and talk about me till the car comes!"

Cheers,
RB

This house will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. And all the grown-ups will say, "But why are the kids crying?" And the kids will say, "Haven't you heard? Rick is dead! The People's Poet is dead! And then one particularly sensitive and articulate teenager will say, "Other kids, do you understand nothing? How can Rick be dead when we still have his poems?" And then another kid will say...

Massive part of my youth. I wore out many VHS tapes of The Young Ones and all The Comic Strip shorts. To this day I can regurgitate verbatim every line of every episode of The Young Ones and frequently break into impromptu renditions with my brothers. I'm so sad.

Hey Vyv, Vyv. Can you like you know, right can you like kill yourself with laxatives man?

That I dont know Neil but I am going to enjoy finding out...

A great spotty bottomed utter utter ******* he was. RIP Rick.

The "White mouse" was prob one of the funniest scences..

"Would mousy like a drink...here you go." dunks white mouse into a mug.." mmm mousy was rather thirsty...."

Poor dude wasn't that old either. Apparently he had some quad bike accident a few years back and wasn't the same after it. I've heard rumors he died of a seizure or something. Yes he was the best character on the Young Ones.

Back