Rig build / development

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I better have a word with the marketing department.

And I think I'll just stick a ball valve at the tee into the return inlets?

Moad said:
I better have a word with the marketing department.

And I think I'll just stick a ball valve at the tee into the return inlets?
I run a ball valve on both the return inlets.

QldKev

That makes way more sense Kev, just means the connection between the two inlets will stick out a lot further but will be worth it to have that control I guess.

Cheers,

Nick.

It is done! Stainless ball valve and nipple = $39, brass ball valve and nipple = $7. I got one of each but will replace all brass with stainless eventually

Thats everything on the keg done now, just waiting on the pump and fittings.

Now to get started on the stand...

photo.jpg

update vid above for anyone interested. thanks qldkev for all the advice. just got to sort a false bottom and a few bits and pieces to finish it off.

Didn't get much done this weekend, had an ironman triathlon to struggle through...

Last edited by a moderator:
Moad said:

update vid above for anyone interested. thanks qldkev for all the advice. just got to sort a false bottom and a few bits and pieces to finish it off.
Nice progress, I have seen similar return with copper.

Here it is (attached), don't know why it points upwards though.

Moad said:
SNIP ... had an ironman triathlon to struggle through...
Woah woah woah, ironman? It's a struggle enough to watch one on TV let along do it. Every time I hear that word I think of that crazy YouTube video about the Ironman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B03dFMG8nR4

17103_481200108608195_1944531679_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHAH I haven't seen that before and I am impressed you know that it isn't one of those lame uncle tobys "ironman", I had all intention of training for 6 months but that went to shit when I started brewing, had a few cheeky beers on ANZAC day, might explain why it took me 14 hours to finish the damn thing. Sore and sorry today but hey "I am an Ironman"

Will update again this weekend when everything is hopefully finished.

If anyone has any suggestions for a false bottom I would be grateful, I don't seem to be able to find any suitable pizza trays locally (Newcastle)

Been working on the stand...

Removable support under the keggle so I can use it for larger pots as well. I'm using the burner to get it to boil quick and then flicking back to electric element.

IMG_20130518_154018.jpg

Last post on this one... action shot. Thanks for advice and help, I am stoked with the keg and stand. Churned out a brew in about 3.5 hours start to finish so mid week brewing is now a possibility.
IMG_20130520_200730.jpg

Latest posts

Back