Rice Hulls Bulk Buy- Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golani51

Reaction score
Hi All:

I have come across a supplier who has rice hulls for rediculously low prices. Price I received from the guy selling on is $4 per bag, or three bags for $10. I understand that each bag weighs at least 4.5kg. I checked with the producer and was told it is entirely suitable for human consumption. This is a considerable saving to what the LHBS is charging. The price above is the standard reseller price, and although cheap as heck anyway, we may be able to get a cheaper price. It is located near Springvale so I will pass on the details to you if you just want to grab some yourself, or I can pick up for collection. I am located in Caulfield South.

Anyone interested?

R

If they're open on Saturday morning, I'll pick some up before the grain BB in a couple of weeks. :)

I need to use hulls anytime I do a wheat or anything with oatmeal. That's a great price, please by all means pass on the details :D

I need to use hulls anytime I do a wheat or anything with oatmeal. That's a great price, please by all means pass on the details :D

Christine & Arthur
Suburban Chooks
www.suburbanchooks.com.au

Tel: 0433 393 751
Email: [email protected]

Please tell them you are from AHB.

R

I'm hoping to go next week if I can. If I could I'd get you some bags and bring em on the sat grain pickup. Are you only after one bag? I don't drive so I'm not looking at buying a stack of bags as I'm sure they will be. Massive due to the light weight of hulls.

chadjaja, it might be easier to do it the other way around - if they ever answer the email - since I do drive and will be at the grain BB anyway. ;)

chadjaja, it might be easier to do it the other way around - if they ever answer the email - since I do drive and will be at the grain BB anyway. ;)

Cool cool Wolfy, just trying to repay the favour of organizing the bulk buy. If I can get out the and mange then I will. My best mate has chooks and I told him about site so I may piggyback onto anything he picks up.

Cool cool Wolfy, just trying to repay the favour of organizing the bulk buy. If I can get out the and mange then I will. My best mate has chooks and I told him about site so I may piggyback onto anything he picks up.
No problems, but its easy enough for me to swing past Noble Park on the way to Springvale, I might have to telephone them if they dont reply to the email by some time next week.

I emailed them twice in 2 days Wolfy, and had same day replies both times. They were very nice and helpful. I am happy to go both ways. No obligations either way. Happy to join i whatever is easiest for all.

R

Oh well, they have not replied either email or telephone, so unless something changes today/tomorrow, I won't be going there before the grain BB (not even sure if they have stock etc).

However the grain-store down the road can get me a 'mini bale' (approx 16kg not the large 130kg bales) for $16 and at least they answer the phone and talk to me, so I might get one of those instead. :)

Hi All:

I have come across a supplier who has rice hulls for rediculously low prices. Price I received from the guy selling on is $4 per bag, or three bags for $10. I understand that each bag weighs at least 4.5kg. I checked with the producer and was told it is entirely suitable for human consumption. This is a considerable saving to what the LHBS is charging. The price above is the standard reseller price, and although cheap as heck anyway, we may be able to get a cheaper price. It is located near Springvale so I will pass on the details to you if you just want to grab some yourself, or I can pick up for collection. I am located in Caulfield South.

Anyone interested?

R
Hi, the rice hulls still available? I need one or two bags

Hi All:

Anyone interested?

R

Could you please send me the address in Springvale?

Latest posts

Back