Rheem Relief Valve replacement

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebrunks

Reaction score
Hi guys , just thought I'd give a heads up on replacement relief valves for Rheem screw top kegs.

After losing a bottle of gas due to a faulty relief valve I started looking into finding a replacement for all 5 kegs.

Anyway the best I could find from a homebrew supplier was $35 per valve which would have cost just under $200 (inc freight) for all five kegs, a bit over the top I thought.

Anyway after much mucking around I worked out that the thread was a 1/4" bsp which is the same size they use in air tool fittings.

I then worked out that I can get ebay air compressor relief valves for about $6.70 in Australia (Inc freight) or $2.60 from China (inc freight).

So if you're after replacement valves for your Rheem screw top kegs, just search ebay for "1/4 BSP air pressure relief valve" & you'll see the cheap replacement valves for your kegs.

Cheers

Russ

KEg Valve.jpg

Awesome thanks for that! I've got one of these kegs from the back of someone's shed and the valve may be a little worse for wear.

Thanks Russ, great tip. You just saved me $30 :)

Cheers
Tony

Latest posts

Back