Return from the wilderness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayzi

Reaction score
Well after several years of forced hiatus (one of the joys of childbirth apparently) I'm slowly working myself back into brewing and planning just some K&K's to get back up to doing a full mash etc. I'm also going to start kegging to cut down on the time bottling etc which I haven't done previously. Having said that I went to a clearing sale (on farm auction) today and bought a daggy look cardboard box with a few kegging bits in it for $5. This is what I had when I pulled it all out at home and gave it a clean up I think I got my moneys worth?? :D Theres a fair bit of outdated gear there, and the taps and guns will need a service/rebuild no doubt, but the font alone makes up for that - its a good heavy one too - out of a pub no doubt. Also picked up a temprite for $10, interested to see if thats going to work tomorrow - if not the coil out of it will make a good heat exchanger! Pretty happy to spend $15 all up on the gamble!

1475812_493883547393108_1039920959_n.jpg

Now I have the font and taps are then any suggestions for a brand or model of bar fridge to convert to a kegerator? mainly size to fit maybe 3 corny kegs and gas, or a CUB etc keg (as I now own to CUB couplers!) I'm after a bar fridge as it will go under my bar so converting a chest freezer isn't an option - otherwise I might see if the brew shops will sell a unit minus the font and taps

Cheers
Brendan

Looks like you scored well Brendan.

I am just starting out on the kegging adventure too.

Be keen to see your build as it happens.

Back