Return and Earn not working NSW ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trustyrusty

Reaction score
Hi There, I have collected a few bottles, in all about $40.00 - not a lot for the effort. But instead of using PAYPAL I thought I would get coupons and then go straight to Dan Murphies, .... No you have to go to Woolworths first to get cash,
another stop.... mmmmmmmmmmm I can see why not working... anyhow

Does anyone know the difference in South Australia - why has it worked for 40 years there... ? There must be a simple reason and why NSW did not look at that?

Hi There, I have collected a few bottles, in all about $40.00 - not a lot for the effort. But instead of using PAYPAL I thought I would get coupons and then go straight to Dan Murphies, .... No you have to go to Woolworths first to get cash,
another stop.... mmmmmmmmmmm I can see why not working... anyhow

Does anyone know the difference in South Australia - why has it worked for 40 years there... ? There must be a simple reason and why NSW did not look at that?
Transpacific Industries Group change its name to Cleanaway Waste they are one of the companies that run it they had such a good history they changed there name to one of the companies they took over.

Why does it work in SA and seems no good in NSW

Because the SA system is simple. No machines, no coupons, no bullshit. You show up with bottles separated from cans, and they count/weight/eyeball it, write down a number, and send you over to the till to collect cash.

Such a system doesn't provide many opportunities for corporate profiteering, so something more complex had to be designed...

That is what I thought .... NSW probably got huge kick back from machines put in...

Latest posts

Back