Retail Spending, The Big Picture.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even I, a person who has watched people gamble away over $28million in a weekend have trouble mentally handling that amount of cash...

That said, it does say it averages out to $343 per person......I reckon the wife and I would have spent that on non household related items since Thursday, with Christmas coming up and all..

Even I, a person who has watched people gamble away over $28million in a weekend have trouble mentally handling that amount of cash...

That said, it does say it averages out to $343 per person......I reckon the wife and I would have spent that on non household related items since Thursday, with Christmas coming up and all..

The way I read it, I think they mean that in the days following the holiday weekend they spent $384 less than they normally do. So I guess their just saying they squashed the spending into a smaller period, then the funds dried up!

And the point is ? Americans can spend money as their country goes down the drain ? Im not sure what relevance this has to any thing ? Unless you have asperger's.
GB

Ohhh, re-reading it, it seems I misread it.....

Now, is 41bn in the US 41x10^9 or 41x10^12???

If it's the first, then assuming a US population of 304,059,724 (thanks google), then the average was only $134 per person....

Yeah, the US does the 9 zeroes. But the article is from the UK so has this already been factored in?

Regardless, the figure quoted includes all consumer spending for the period - not just the seasonal spending as the article implies.

I'm high functioning Aspergers and that's one of the reasons I'm a craft brewer. Well Coopers has it in one........beats stamp collecting :icon_cheers:

Or train spotting.

stamp_collecting.JPG

I'm high functioning Aspergers and that's one of the reasons I'm a craft brewer. Well Coopers has it in one........beats stamp collecting :icon_cheers:

Or train spotting.
Trains and beer! can I join the aspergers beer/train club? I Travel by train in asia when ever its practical and I can always buy beer. Cant do that here !
GB

Back