Research (james Squire)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suss he was never painted seeing as he came to such prominence.

Maybe he was easle shy.

cheers
johnno
Yes it is a bit unusual, but may have something to do with being an ex-convict. The other line of thought is that maybe he was painted, but no information was on the painting or know about the painting, thereby fading into obscurity.

maybe one day we can find out why his beers have a funny stink to them :ph34r:

QUOTE(johnno @ Aug 1 2007, 09:39 PM)

Suss he was never painted seeing as he came to such prominence.

Maybe he was easle shy.

cheers
johnno

Yes it is a bit unusual, but may have something to do with being an ex-convict. The other line of thought is that maybe he was painted, but no information was on the painting or know about the painting, thereby fading into obscurity.

Hi macr,
the plot thickens it seems.

I have no idea as to the authenticity of these claims here
After his death, the Convict artist Joseph Lycelt wrote: "Had he been less liberal, he might have died more wealthy; but his assistance always accompanied his advice to the poor and unfortunate"

Maybe if some work of Joseph Lycelt can be uncovered or other artists of the time, a portrait may be found.

cheers
johnno

Hi macr,
the plot thickens it seems.

I have no idea as to the authenticity of these claims here

Maybe if some work of Joseph Lycelt can be uncovered or other artists of the time, a portrait may be found.

Nice find Johnno. I would be good if I can authenticate it. Joseph Lycett only painted landscapes and botany as far as I can tell, but there were other artists.

I must skite a little as I received an award for my efforts :D :beer:
Award.jpg

And this is his post about it. It still needs some work, but it is on its way to the top
Nice article
It's good to come upon such a well sourced and well written article - and amazing to see it has been done by one person. There are a number of areas that need tidying up. The tone is rather informal for an encyclopedia. I faced this problem myself last year when uploading articles I had written elsewhere onto Wiki - Cask ale is one that springs to mind. I started to tidy it, but it's a big job and entails going through the whole article line by line. I'll put up a formal tone tag and see if that will drag in some copyeditors to help.
I have been asked to create a page on John Boston now, which will be a whole lot harder as there is a whole lot less on him. There is not too much information on James Squire in the first place, so you can imagine how little I'll have on John Boston.

Latest posts

Back