Replacing Keg O-rings With Silicone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fraser_john said:
This is so true. But, I blame the retailers or wholesales based here in Aus. It is easy to buy from China and CHEAP, but, if you do not specify what level of quality you want in a product, they will give you the cheapest stuff they can.

I am sure if KK wrote to their supplier and said look, we have complaints over this or that, we want to re-spec everything 100% SS (304, 306 whatever) and the manufacturers would be happy to comply, might cost $1 extra per unit, which the vast majority of us would be more than happy to pay...... to get the quality, fit and finish we want!

Just not sure what happens between underpants -> collect underpants -> ? -> RICH
Yes that's right.
Just look at the quality difference between the first lot of kegs they sold compared to the current ones.

pcmfisher said:
Yes that's right.
Just look at the quality difference between the first lot of kegs they sold compared to the current ones.
I agree KK have quality issues, I've returned almost everything I have bought from them. But those all metal brand new kegs, the original design are actually great kegs, never had a leak. Only downside is no rubber base or top so need to be more careful when rinsing outside on concrete etc. I'm reluctant to sell the two I have as they have served me so well.

beercus said:
This ebay seller will no longer combine shipping.

beercus
Combined shipping for me today, just bought some to refurbish some kegs i have. Offered combined shipping for both Intl post and domestic US.

Wtf, what an a-hole for not offering to me! Did you message them directly to get the combined offer?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Wtf, what an a-hole for not offering to me! Did you message them directly to get the combined offer?
Nup, just added multiple to the cart and then proceeded to Checkout where it combined the shipping automagically, like it does for every other auction with combined shipping.

good, when i did it, it came up and said 'this seller does not combine shipping'

Ill try again.
Thanks
Beercus

beercus said:
good, when i did it, it came up and said 'this seller does not combine shipping'

Ill try again.
Thanks
Beercus
Same with me, I'm filthy. Shipping was 50% of the cost!!!

Wort said:
Did you get the 417 for the lid? I was thinking of getting 2 x 416 to try instead.
I didnt get lid seals, i have quite a few of those already.

I just tried to do a combined postage and got knocked back. EBay said the seller had blocked combined postage or something like that. Has anyone else had any luck latley? I have it all in my cart then hit the button to request a new total and that's when I got the knock back. After reading takai's post I'm tempted to try just bypassing that option bit DJ's experience has me worried.

It's a bit late of a response, but ...

If you have pin-lock posts, the post o-rings are a different size.

I changed my post o-rings to silicon after reading about it here. I think they have been changed now for 18 months, two years? Anyway, the silicon works well. It seems a bit squishier than the rubber, in my complete ignorance with o-rings, this seems like a good thing. It did solve my gas leakage issues between the post and coupler.

If you just buy a generic keg o-ring kit, well in my experience, the rings for the post were too small. They're probably 100% fine for ball-lock kegs.

lael said:
Just go to their main site and do it there. Was a while since I did my last order though.

http://www.oringsandmore.com
OK made an account on the above website, ordered all the possible silicone o-rings and the shipping was $7.25
Paypal as well!

Should be right for o-rings for a while!

If anyone is close to Eltham North, Vic and wants some keg o-rings we can halve the order. Or I could arrange shipping at your cost if you want. so that would be 25 o-rings of each size and 2 lid o-rings. The prices below are in USD

Capture.PNG

beercus said:
OK made an account on the above website, ordered all the possible silicone o-rings and the shipping was $7.25
Paypal as well!

Should be right for o-rings for a while!

If anyone is close to Eltham North, Vic and wants some keg o-rings we can halve the order. Or I could arrange shipping at your cost if you want. so that would be 25 o-rings of each size and 2 lid o-rings. The prices below are in USD
That invoice looks like you only have two lid O-rings and none to spare.

May need to recalculate.

Les the Weizguy said:
That invoice looks like you only have two lid O-rings and none to spare.

May need to recalculate.
Nah its 2x #417 with 2 in each pack. I will receive 4.
Beercus

I bought a stack of orings and may never run out'
Once I had to make do with a dodgy oring, never again. The silicone is softer and seals well except some of the older mytton rod lids need a thicker ring.
Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back