Replacing Bell On Bench Capper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy01

Reaction score
Anyone have any advice on replacing the bell on a Super Automatica Bench capper? I think it unscrews but mine seems to be rusted on. Have tried WD-40 etc.

I don't want to damage it by using too much force with the vicegrips.

Cheers
Jimmy

Yerp, they definitely unscrew. As far as getting it off goes, I can't help you unfortunately.

Well, it's either try and force it off (vice grips before angle grinder :) ) and possibly have to get a new capper, or leave it as is and but a new capper specifically for your other bell size.

That is, unless someone has a better idea to get it off. I guess if you had a blowtorch or something you could heat up the part holding the bell to hopefully expand it a bit to loosen it.

Gee thanks Fents

easy now. you sounded like you had exhausted the wd/40, vice grip, spanner option. think about it an angle grinder would give a clean cut. (grind the top off the bolt or bottom of the bell end.)

easy now. you sounded like you had exhausted the wd/40, vice grip, spanner option. think about it an angle grinder would give a clean cut. (grind the top off the bolt or bottom of the bell end.)

Thanks. Didn't realise you were serious. Will consider this as a last option but with my skill with a angle grinder I am more likely to remove a finger.

cheers

Sometimes givving the bolt a good thump on the end of it will jar it loose, but I guess to do that with an assembled capper might get interesting :D

I vote brute force - if it needs replacing anyway whats the harm?
Alternatively you could try and grind the screw/pin etc off with a dremel if you wanted to salvage the bell.

Latest posts

Back