Removing Floryte Tap Handles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
I got given some ex-commercial tap handles for my Floryte taps & not 100% sure how to get the ceramic ones off.
I unscrewed the allen key under the handle & can screw the handle anti-clockwise for around half a turn then it stops.
Does the steel cap top bit screw off the handle? It's pretty tight & may just need a bit more oomf but not sure?

The picture shows the tap side on & the allen key I removed is on the front of the tap according to this picture.

http://www.andale.com.au/floryte-tap

Cheers

I got given some ex-commercial tap handles for my Floryte taps & not 100% sure how to get the ceramic ones off.
I unscrewed the allen key under the handle & can screw the handle anti-clockwise for around half a turn then it stops.
Does the steel cap top bit screw off the handle? It's pretty tight & may just need a bit more oomf but not sure?

The picture shows the tap side on & the allen key I removed is on the front of the tap according to this picture.

http://www.andale.com.au/floryte-tap

Cheers

The steel cap bit at the top has a rod that goes all the way through, you need to screw that out.
So yes a little more oomf.

The steel cap bit at the top has a rod that goes all the way through, you need to screw that out.
So yes a little more oomf.

I thought so but really didn't want to force anything.
Cheers Batz.

more oomf...i have one of those and i have used multi grips to get her open.

It seems to be on there pretty good. I couldn't budge it.
I'll try the multi grips tomorrow & see how I go.

edit: Just gave the multi grips a go & they done the deed.
The handles are on there really tight.
All good.
Cheers

naa, they are fkuked mate, send them to me and I'll dispose of them for you ;)

Yeah, 4 in the mail Yob..................... :beerbang:
I have been having a few issues with balancing the system & used Valpar flexmaster tubing & went from 4m to 3m to 2m, still having troubles.
I went down to Clarence water filters the other day & bought 10m of JG beer line, 5/16th & ended up leaving the Flexmaster on all the gas in sides & changed the lines from the keg to the tap. I ended up dropping the fridge another degree to 3deg, 2.5m of JG line & reg set @80kpa & getting an absolute perfect pour. I gassed one keg @70kpa & the pour is great as well so in the 70-80kpa range is spot on. No more annoying co2 escaping solution either so I think I finally have it balanced.

Back