Remote Controlled Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmmyummybeer

Reaction score
Hi all just wanted to post what is probable one of my best brewing ideas yet. Bunnings sell a remote control power point adaption kit. You just plug it into a power point program it and you can now push a button on the remote to turn the power on and off. Whats this got to do with brewing ?
Well I have electric elements in my brewing pots to heat my brew and sparge water and also an electric recirculating pump. I normally set my brewery up the night before however I then have to go outside and into the shed to turn on the heaters and pump, which is normally before coffee etc as I like to have the waters heating first to ensure quicker brewday. Now with these little beauties I can turn my heaters and pump on via the remote control which even works from the bedroom.

Yes I don't even have to get out of bed and my brewery is already operational. :beerbang:

Even more its cheap only $30 and you get three units and a controller

sounds great!

I use one of those cheap, electronic timers now and then.

images_Thumbnail_PC609_100.png

Fill the urn with water out on the balcony the night before and plug it in through the timer.
Set the timer to turn on at say 7 am and whenever I get up Saturday morning and wander out to mash-in the water is at mash-in temp.

That kind of does the job as well

thanks
Bjorn

The world would not be half as good at innovations if we all weren't so lazy! :blink:

Yep simple and cheap timer user here too. Fill HLT and set the timer for a couple of hours before I want to use it.

Also lets me get away with a 2400w element to heat 80+ litres of water :beerbang:

Yep, timer here too. Combined with a thermostat for the urn. Set time and strike temp the night before, and it's all ready to go when I am. Plus thermostat ensures no boil dries or over temp.

I brew after work. I come home at lunch time, fill the urn with cold water + chemical additions, set the thermostat to 70C, go back to work and then dough in as soon as I get home @ 5:30pm. I'm all cleaned up and pitching the yeast by 10 - 10:30pm :)

I actually brought the units as my March pump and heating element don't have on and off switches and I am running them off an extension lead which makes it a pain to turn on and off while trying to mix and change mash temp etc. I was pulling the power plug in and out of the extension lead as I didn't want to leave my mash. I looked for an adapter with a switch but they only came in power boards and I need to use different power points as I can't run it all of one. Any way I am enjoying the benifits of these units as it is making brewing even more fun. i agree with the timers as well, great idea. Is proble better for brew preperation as you don't even have to be awake for the brew to start preparing, but as for my applications these units are perfect and hopefully this post may help some one else who has similar problems.

Latest posts

Back